Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. i’ve recently purchased myself a 2017 1.6 turbo diesel ceed and as any young lad i’m looking for things to fiddle with as i’m not really bothered about warranty with the car. just want a fun car. currently have an induction kit on the car which i had to make myself as well as ordering new wheels and getting it stage 1 remapped however i’m always looking for new things to do to my car and would love to get some ideas of what others have done. currently on the search for new body parts as well as a new blowoff valve for the car. thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
as any young lad i’m looking for things to fiddle with as i’m not really bothered about warranty with the car. just want a fun car.
Post #2 correctly explains that the vast majority of readers have little interest in 'modding' perfectly adequate cars. My only advice on the subject is that you should ensure that your insurer is informed of any and every modification applied to your car. If not, you may find that your policy is voided or that you are required to pay an additional fee for each notification of a mod.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I wouldn't do any more than you've done power wise. You'll get no performance boost from a blow off valve, not sure it really sounds right in a diesel... Horses for courses though

Buy something else if you need significantly more speed. It's just not cost effective to tune them beyond a remap....much faster cars are already available so there isn't much in the way of serious engine tuning available.

Body parts? Yeah you can fit some GT bits I guess, the GT recaro seats are nice for the interior.

Wheels, brakes, suspension all possible to improve.

Audio system maybe? That's what I'm planning for mine for next year.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Post #2 correctly explains that the vast majority of readers have little interest in 'modding' perfectly adequate cars.
well, I have half heartedly considered painting my cee'd's brake calipers blue... and even replacing the interior bulbs with LEDs.

I believe cross drilled brake disks are available that look fancier than the standard items.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts