Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that i have installed cruise control on my Kia Ceed 2013 1.4 SW by replacing the steering wheel from a 2016 1.6 CRDI 3. Now I have access to speed limiter, cruise control and sports/comfort steering modes.

It's literally plug and play, so if anyone wants to upgrade their 1.4 CRDI Ceed you just need to replace the steering wheel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi,

This answers a question I have long pondered... do all the cars have all the same functionality built-in but are just missing the necessary switches, buttons, software activation, etc to enable them.

For example, my Cee'd 4 doesn't have "lane departure warning" and "blindspot detection" - just blankjing plates where those buttons would be - but a 4 Tech does have these features.

Now, what if I were to fit buttons in the correct places instead of the blanking plates - would I then have these options available to me?

Mmmm, I wonder... certainly seems the case in your situation.

Stay safe,

Moley

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

This answers a question I have long pondered... do all the cars have all the same functionality built-in but are just missing the necessary switches, buttons, software activation, etc to enable them.

For example, my Cee'd 4 doesn't have "lane departure warning" and "blindspot detection" - just blankjing plates where those buttons would be - but a 4 Tech does have these features.

Now, what if I were to fit buttons in the correct places instead of the blanking plates - would I then have these options available to me?

Stay safe,

Moley
Apparently all modern Kia and Hyundai's have the cabling and computers for cruise control and speed limiters.

Not too sure about lane departure and blind spot.

I think those features require having cameras or sensors on your car. For example i know the automatic emergency braking means you have a camera placed just above your rearview mirror but the base model cars don't come with the cameras.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi,

Stay safe,

Moley
My old C'eed SW (2008) was missing the dash back light dim switch, pulled off the blanking plate and harness was there ready to be plugged in, worked a treat with part off ebay. Might be worth having a look. Got me interested in looking now lol!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that i have installed cruise control on my Kia Ceed 2013 1.4 SW by replacing the steering wheel from a 2016 1.6 CRDI 3. Now I have access to speed limiter, cruise control and sports/comfort steering modes.

It's literally plug and play, so if anyone wants to upgrade their 1.4 CRDI Ceed you just need to replace the steering wheel.
Hey pal, did you need a look harness for it or the existing one had the right connections?
Also, where did you get the new wheel, I have been looking on ebay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey pal, did you need a look harness for it or the existing one had the right connections?
Also, where did you get the new wheel, I have been looking on ebay
Just replace the steering wheel. This will 100% work on the Kia Ceed 3.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts