Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At present due to working from home, I use my car once a week and this is usually for a journey of between 10 and 50 miles (obviously this depends on my destination).
If I accelerate smoothly and normally there is absolutely no problem with my car at all. If I have to accelerate hard, as in move the accelerater pedal straight down to the floor, there is a 'judder'. This 'judder' is pronounced and alarming.

Could anyone tell me what is causing this 'judder'.
The car is due a service soon, if that means anything.
Thanks.
At present due to working from home, I use my car once a week and this is usually for a journey of between 10 and 50 miles (obviously this depends on my destination).
If I accelerate smoothly and normally there is absolutely no problem with my car at all. If I have to accelerate hard, as in move the accelerater pedal straight down to the floor, there is a 'judder'. This 'judder' is pronounced and alarming.

Could anyone tell me what is causing this 'judder'.
The car is due a service soon, if that means anything.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jack, I have lost part of the title for this question. It should say that this car has an automatic gearbox

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

May just need a Fluid change

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my 2007 Ceed 1.4 petrol manual judders a little under acceleration when I have the Air Con on. Could it be something like that? Or maybe a dodgey timing chain tensioner/ alternator clutch?

·
Registered
863 Posts
I get something similar with my 2012 EcoDynamics.

If I set off for the first time it usually does not happen, it's if I make several journeys in the same day.

Car will judder/kangaroo under gentle acceleration for the first few minutes after starting.

When I bought the car (three years ago) the guy who owned it took me to the bank to the the transfer of funds and noticed he was really booting it - I know know why he was doing that of course!

I've found that it seems to (anecdotal evidence only) do it less, if I use Costco premium diesel compared to the usual Asda or whatever regular diesel.

There's no change in performance using Costco premium, no more power and no better fuel economy but slightly less (as far as I can recall) kangarooing after multiple starts.

I've never found a solution to this as it's only a minor niggle for me but I would also like to know what's possibly causing it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts