Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I know it was discussed when the model launched on the market but maybe someone found a workaround for this.
I would like to have the digital speedometer in the instrument cluster, called Supervision where it shows digitally large speed numbers, no needles no small numbers.
I know that only the real GT had it from software but is there any way of coding with a diagnose tool or something to unlock that feature for the normal GT Line I have?
Or maybe resoft the car itself completely with that software to achieve this?
Just bought the car now and I'm really excited as a new owner of course and I could really use the feature.
The car is having fully TFT/LCD display in the middle of the instrument cluster so it could display that but it's software limited.
Anyone could help I would really appreciate this!

Cheers and safe roads!

·
Registered
Cee'd SW GT Line
3 Posts
Hello,
You can switch it by uploading GT .bin file into cluster. I've bought on Ebay Supervision cluster which have MPH for scale, but her in Europe, Croatia we use KMH scale.
I change the bin file with this tool which I bought CH-OBD.M02 +CAN Coder – CAN-Hacker . With this tool you can make modification on your cluster. Regarding GT style cluster, I try it and because it's for GT version you will not have boost pressure and the other measurement which is related to the GT version, only digit speed and board comp. fetaure. If you have regular version, not GT on the button on the steering wheel you have steering wheel mode change. On the same button on GT version is change for the cluster style, but this feature doesn't work on regular version so only you can change it by changing the bin file. If you need I can share this bin file but due to KMH and MPH differences you probably will not use it (only if you have on your navi unit feature to change from KMH to MPH, some versions have) but if you get this tool you can find GT car and ask owner to download the bin from the cluster ( I do the same her ein my country, find same car from import and download the file) and upload it to your car cluster to have MPH. I hope that this information helps you.
P.S. when you download the bin file, you download exact copy of the donor cluster, with all information's, mileage, settings etc. To correct mileage you will use same tool, it's working :)

Regards from Croatia.
Davorin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts