Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I appreciate lots od threads on this but this could be new.

Iv hardwired my dashcam to the power outlet fuse.

Slight problem is... Everytime the engine stop/start kicks in the dashcam stops and restarts too馃う.

Am I piggybacking on the wrong fuse?

Does anyone know which fuse to use?

Much appreciated.

Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
Nextbase recommend piggybacking from the rear wash/wipe fuse. I've taken my dashcam feed from this without problem as it's only live when the ignition is on.

Registered
for best results it's best to test them all to see when they are live. You may find one that is live after the doors are unlocked for example, that would be perfect as you'll get longer duration coverage from the camera.
The least practical source is probably when it's only live with the ignition on, your camera will be off during many parking events.
You may find a fuse that's live with the park lights on, that's handy if you want to keep the camera running while you nip into a shop, or if you want to start filming while sitting in the car without starting the motor.

Next time you stop the motor, don't put it in park first, use N, or keep your foot off the brake, perhaps the outlet will stay live then?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys.. Thanks for all input on this....

I spoke to nextbase in detail and it appears some vehicle makers have a valtage fluctuation when the auto stop/start restarts and this is on my Kia.... The best answer he came up with was.... To turn off the stop/start 馃槀馃槀馃槀. WTF...

Surely it can't be just my car??

Is it kia in general??

Registered
Hi guys.. Thanks for all input on this....

I spoke to nextbase in detail and it appears some vehicle makers have a valtage fluctuation when the auto stop/start restarts and this is on my Kia.... The best answer he came up with was.... To turn off the stop/start 馃槀馃槀馃槀. WTF...

Surely it can't be just my car??

Is it kia in general??
both my old Rio 67 plate and my New Picanto i hard wired to a spare fuse, and both have worked perfectly with the start stop function.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had it fitted to my 67 plate ceed and it was fine. But this 19 plate doesn't like it馃

Registered
Fitted a front and rear dashcam into my old 2016 C'eed SW. I seem to remember using a piggy back on the always on fuse for the door mirrors. For anyone interested, ran the wiring through the front and rear door sills then up into roof lining. Biggest headache was running the L shaped micro usb through the rubber corrugated gaiter down from roof to back window.

Registered
Hi guys.

I appreciate lots od threads on this but this could be new.

Iv hardwired my dashcam to the power outlet fuse.

Slight problem is... Everytime the engine stop/start kicks in the dashcam stops and restarts too馃う.

Am I piggybacking on the wrong fuse?

Does anyone know which fuse to use?

Much appreciated.
Well if you wanna keep your engine healthy, turn that auto start/stop function off in a first place...

Registered
Well if you wanna keep your engine healthy, turn that auto start/stop function off in a first place...
What an absolute load of W!)(&拢$&*

What reasons do you have to say that......

As for the dashcam issue my dashcam is hard wired to a fuse and works fine on my Ceed 1st edition petrol 2019

Registered
What an absolute load of W!)(&拢$&*

What reasons do you have to say that......

As for the dashcam issue my dashcam is hard wired to a fuse and works fine on my Ceed 1st edition petrol 2019
Reasons? There are lots of them. Extra wear on the starter motor, premature wear of the timing chain, quicker for the chain to stretch, and let's talk how shutting off the engine leaves lots of components without the oil lubrication, cooling turbos and etc. It does not save you any fuel... But having that option let's automaker to calculate MPG by using different method and get better results, which you wont be able to replicate in real life to be honest.

Registered
Sportgage 1.6 t-gdi AWD DCT GT line
Can I have one of these magic engines that doesn't use any fuel when it's idlimg?

Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
Can I have one of these magic engines that doesn't use any fuel when it's idlimg?
I believe that is called EV 馃お

1 - 14 of 14 Posts