Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have placed a deposit on a 2013 Auto Ceed and I have a question concerning the radio/media system. The photo attached shows the one in the car I am buying but does not have a phone button which most UK ceeds have. ( Looked at other Ceeds on Autotrader)
The button is marked as media and not phone ?
Am I right in thinking this does not have bluetooth and the radio has been replaced in the past by an incorrect one. The facia says bluetooth but this is part of the trim and not the radio.
Many thanks in advance.
Vehicle Car Steering part Grey Vehicle audio

Other Ceeds have Phone button :-
Car Vehicle White Satellite radio Steering part

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,471 Posts
Can you check by entering the Settings and looking for BT connection settings? Are there any steering wheel controls where the phone button maybe?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, The car is currently at the dealership undergoing some bodywork repair prior to me picking up so I am unable to check. There are all the usual buttons on the steering wheel, phone etc
The kia part number for the radio that is installed is
AC100A2EE 96170A2000WK
Does this part have blutooth ?
The radio head unit that has the phone button is part no AC110A2EE

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found in the manual the following photo which clearly shows that the media button radio does not have bluetooth… ( the bluetooth rds cd etc label is on the trim not the actual radio). I think the radio has been changed out in the past for some reason and the wrong part installed ( AC100A2EE 96170A2000WK) should have been :- (AC110A2EE 96170A2100WK).

Automotive design Audio equipment Font Vehicle audio Multimedia

·
Registered
128 Posts
I found in the manual the following photo which clearly shows that the media button radio does not have bluetooth… ( the bluetooth rds cd etc label is on the trim not the actual radio). I think the radio has been changed out in the past for some reason and the wrong part installed ( AC100A2EE 96170A2000WK) should have been :- (AC110A2EE 96170A2100WK).

View attachment 11995
Maybe the trim has been replaced at some point...but the radio is original?

Best to clarifying this with the dealer, and check the sales description, as could have been mis-sold before you pay the rest of your money.
Gadget Automotive design Audio equipment Camera accessory Font

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,956 Posts
Maybe the trim has been replaced at some point...but the radio is original?

Best to clarifying this with the dealer, and check the sales description, as could have been mis-sold before you pay the rest of your money. View attachment 11996
Get the dealer to pair your phone with the car. If he can, it does have bluetooth

·
Registered
136 Posts
I find that odd, would have assumed that all Cee'ds had Bluetooth - certainly not a "modern" feature.

Personally I don't listen to sound in the car any other way (MP3 audio over BT) and apart from LBC only thing that is on the radio + the ability to make/receive a call without a hand leaving the wheel.

Replacing the unit may be more than forfeiting the deposit on the car depending on what you have put down - that is if it going to be an issue as I suspect it will be as you are posting about it. Also do you have the button for phone functions on the steering wheel?

Don't go aftermarket either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kia dealership have said that the radio which is fitted is the incorrect one but will not fit the correct one !
They said the price for the car is low and cannot do any more work on it !
I can find the correct radio on ebay for about £50, does anyone know how difficult it is to fit and are any codes needed ? I have tried looking on youtube for a video on it ? Kia ceed 2 2013
Thankyou for any help

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,471 Posts
Kia dealership have said that the radio which is fitted is the incorrect one but will not fit the correct one !
That would give me concerns about how much of the rest of the car is not original. I'd probably have an AA/RAC inspection done if the dealer has not had one.

You could also consider an after market radio and gain satnav and more features as the radio looks to be a standard 2xDIN fitting.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Was the car marketed by the dealer as having Bluetooth, irrespective of the ticket price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, thanks for the replies.
Yes the car was advertised as having “bluetooth with voice recognition and music streaming” both on the Kia dealership website and Autotrader. Car currently has my deposit on it.
I contacted the Kia dealership (Boston) where most of the services were carried out (7 out of 8 services) and they said the radio was changed at 7100 miles in 2014 but couldn't give a reason why. I just presume they fitted the wrong part ?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi, thanks for the replies.
Yes the car was advertised as having “bluetooth with voice recognition and music streaming”

Car currently has my deposit on it.

I contacted the Kia dealership (Boston) where most of the services were carried out (7 out of 8 services) and they said the radio was changed at 7100 miles in 2014 but couldn't give a reason why. I just presume they fitted the wrong part ?
Sounds like it was replaced under the warranty for whatever reason.

Personally I would be asking for my deposit back and search for another example elsewhere unless you really have fallen for that particular car. In which case ask them to adjust the price accordingly as it was obviously marketed at a price that included Bluetooth and all the functionality that entails.

I’m not up to replacing head units myself but I think there are a few to choose from if you want to go down that road, and include Nav as well as BT if you want, just make sure, if you do it yourself, that you have the right connectors to keep the steering wheel button functions.

Good luck

·
Registered
128 Posts
As ironDuke said, i would be asking for my deposit back, or contacting a consumer advice service (or your credit card company if that's how you paid) and asking for advise about your rights, if the car was advertised as having Bluetooth and phone connectivity, it should have those functions. - You can also contact KIA customer services via this site to to see if they can help.

As for put in a unit yourself, it doesn't appear to be that difficult (if you don't crack the plastic), however the adaptor wiring looms for aftermarket units can be expensive, especially if you want to retain the steering wheel controls. (as this russian video shows)
Kia Ceed демонтаж штатной магнитолы + установка магнитолы Android/Kia Ceed dismantling the head unit - YouTube

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi,
I have sourced the correct radio head unit (£40) from a local used car spares dealer ( part no: 96170A2100WK).
The Kia dealership said they would fit it for me.
The car is for my daughter who really wants the car, if it was for me I would walk away out of principle.
I feel they have the upper hand at the moment with used car sales going crazy.
The price for the car is £7300 Ceed 2 Automatic Feb 2013, 35,000 miles, Phantom Black, FSH with Kia apart from last service with independant. 12 months mot and new service. 2 previous owners. Two deep scratches on body repaired and 2 alloys repaired. They are giving 6 months warranty up to £2000 claim limit total.
Many thanks to everyone for your help and guidance.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
That sounds like a very expensive price to me for what it is. I know used cars are holding their prices well at the moment, but at that price they definitely had room to replace the head unit for you.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would agree, that’s expensive, (especially the deeps scratches which are now out of warranty) even for Dealer prices… same spec car, same mileage, yet 2 years younger.

(If you do go for that car, I would check it has the mic/speaker in place for phone use before parting with any more money for parts)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The car is an automatic , I don’t know if that would push the price up a bit more than a manual gearbox ?
I’m sure they are making a tidy profit, wouldn’t even drop the £97 admin fee.. and then tried to sell me an aftermarket 12 month warranty ( Customer Protect ).

·
Registered
128 Posts
I found whilst looking for my own car, that automatics are more expensive, and at the end of the day, it’s your decision and money, but it doesn’t sound like your getting the car or service you are expecting from that dealership.

if that is the specific model you are looking for worth looking about at other dealers/showrooms.?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The car is an automatic , I don’t know if that would push the price up a bit more than a manual gearbox ?
I’m sure they are making a tidy profit, wouldn’t even drop the £97 admin fee.. and then tried to sell me an aftermarket 12 month warranty ( Customer Protect ).
What engine is it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.