Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am wondering if anyone can help me out. I just got a used Kia Ceed and if i leave the car for at least 24 hours the battery drains and i need to jump start it. I have been to two separate garages and both say my battery and alternator are in good condition (I would hope so as its a new battery i got on Monday).

Can anyone shed any light on this. No lights are left on over night. The only thing that showing itself as on is the trip computer, it displays the time, temperature and image of the car. I have no idea if its meant to stay on or not.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Don't think that anything should stay on. First check boot and glove box lights - sometimes they stay on.

Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
you need to do a current draw test, you need a multi meter with a series ammeter, not a clamp meter, lock the car as normal but with the bonnet up, check for bonnet switches, bypass them if required, select amps on meter, clip one test lead to the battery pos lead, hold the other test lead vertical touching the pos terminal of the battery, with the clamp bolt loose gently raise it up until it is no longer touching the battery terminal, your ammeter will now be showing any current being drawn from the battery, up to 100ma is ok but usually a lot lower, if you have a high current draw you need to remove fuses until you find the circuit at fault

1 - 3 of 3 Posts