Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help regarding my Kia Ceed on 62 plate. 1.6 CRDI engine. 128BHP

i recently purchased the Kia. For some Reason I don’t have a clutch biting point. It’s down to the floor, I have had the master cylinder bleed, made some difference then went to back to square one. It crunches in 1st gear also reverse. I have to pump the pedal to ease it in. What can the issue be?

also does it have a dual mass flywheel or solid?
any help would be great

·
Registered
55 Posts
If the bleed has made a difference, then maybe still air in the system? How many miles ha the car done? Could be a failing clutch or cylinder if your having to pump the pedal.

Mine has always been quite low. I had a loan car for a week and was high, getting back into my car afterwards was nearly stalling because I wasn't used to it again. I wouldn't say mine was to the floor, but really low, and a lot of people have mentioned this in previous threads.

They have a solid fly wheel in these (One of the main reasons for me buying)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Help regarding my Kia Ceed on 62 plate. 1.6 CRDI engine. 128BHP

i recently purchased the Kia. For some Reason I don’t have a clutch biting point. It’s down to the floor, I have had the master cylinder bleed, made some difference then went to back to square one. It crunches in 1st gear also reverse. I have to pump the pedal to ease it in. What can the issue be?

also does it have a dual mass flywheel or solid?
any help would be great
If the bleed has made a difference, then maybe still air in the system? How many miles ha the car done? Could be a failing clutch or cylinder if your having to pump the pedal.

Mine has always been quite low. I had a loan car for a week and was high, getting back into my car afterwards was nearly stalling because I wasn't used to it again. I wouldn't say mine was to the floor, but really low, and a lot of people have mentioned this in previous threads.

They have a solid fly wheel in these (One of the main reasons for me buying)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your response stonie

Mileage is 83K.. all it is I need to pump the clutch pedal now and then in order to get it in first gear or reverse. While I am driving it’s all fine. It’s crunches in going to first and reverse.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for your response stonie

Mileage is 83K.. all it is I need to pump the clutch pedal now and then in order to get it in first gear or reverse. While I am driving it’s all fine. It’s crunches in going to first and reverse.
I would say something is up with your slave cylinder and not fully disengaging the clutch. Has the brake fluid level dropped at all? The clutch has done pretty well on those miles and all depends on how it was driven before, for its life span, normally last 60 to 100k. Best to get to a mechanic and get it checked out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brake fluid is perfect not dropped at all.. All it does is vibrates / buzzes in 3rd gear when I take it 40mph or so. After that it stops the noise..

·
Registered
587 Posts
If you bought the car within the last 6 months from a car dealer than they are legally responsible to fix it under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. This piece of legislation cannot be ignored by the dealer even if he sold the car with a shorter warranty.

I suggest you speak to someone at consumer direct (or whatever they call themselves today).

Do remember that if you have someone else look at the car before you give the dealer the opportunity to fix it you will loose any rights you have. But if they refuse to help any costs you incur by getting another garage to fix it would be recoverable through the small claims court.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Brake fluid is perfect not dropped at all.. All it does is vibrates / buzzes in 3rd gear when I take it 40mph or so. After that it stops the noise..
Mine does that too, buzzing/vibration sound when accelerating to around that speed. Don't know why it does it. I had a new clutch fitted a few weeks ago as mine used to crunch going into 3rd and reverse. Gear changes are a lot better now.

Philip

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine does that too, buzzing/vibration sound when accelerating to around that speed. Don't know why it does it. I had a new clutch fitted a few weeks ago as mine used to crunch going into 3rd and reverse. Gear changes are a lot better now.

Philip
after putting the clutch in, is it better, does it crunch in gears? Also did yours have a solid flywheel Or dual mass?

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you bought the car within the last 6 months from a car dealer than they are legally responsible to fix it under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. This piece of legislation cannot be ignored by the dealer even if he sold the car with a shorter warranty.

I suggest you speak to someone at consumer direct (or whatever they call themselves today).

Do remember that if you have someone else look at the car before you give the dealer the opportunity to fix it you will loose any rights you have. But if they refuse to help any costs you incur by getting another garage to fix it would be recoverable through the small claims court.

·
Registered
27 Posts
after putting the clutch in, is it better, does it crunch in gears? Also did yours have a solid flywheel Or dual mass?

thanks
It's better with the new clutch especially reverse which is smooth to engage now. No more crunching! The clutch pedal now sits slightly higher as its a new clutch. My Ceed is the same year and engine as yours and is a solid flywheel.

Philip

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had the same exact issue, it was the clutch master cylinder, it was worn at the pivot point where it engages with the clutch pedal. It wears from a circle in to an oblong shape, only a small amount but this moves the clutch engagement down a lot.

Guide for fitting - Kia Cee'd - Repair procedures - Clutch Master Cylinder
Took me half hour with a pressure bleeder, should still be doable with someone helping bleed.

Since fitting the part above it's moved up and become more progressive, no problems getting in first or reverse.

If you want to test this first, what I did was get on my back in the foot well with a light, reach up and pull the retaining clip out and washer, pull the master cylinder rod off and see if its worn, put some rolled up duct tape or similar in the gap to take up the slack. This helped for me but obviously wears out in no time but it proved that was the issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's better with the new clutch especially reverse which is smooth to engage now. No more crunching! The clutch pedal now sits slightly higher as its a new clutch. My Ceed is the same year and engine as yours and is a solid flywheel.

Philip
Perfect.. Thanks for you’re help

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nope I bought it from a salvage yard..
Why was the car in a salvage yard?

If it had been scrapped it should not be on the road now.

Perhaps the previous owner had thrown money at it and found it impossible to fix and simply scrapped it.

Or was it an accident damaged car?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts