Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there away to unblock the washer jet on a 08 estate? is there a non return valve built into the nozzle as nothing seems to unblock it, tried high pressure air from a compressor, thin wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there away to unblock the washer jet on a 08 estate? is there a non return valve built into the nozzle as nothing seems to unblock it, tried high pressure air from a compressor, thin wire.
I though that I had the same problem with mine (08 3 door) turned out to be the washer pump had failed. The switch for the rear washer did not function so I ended up replacing the washer pump. 30 min - 1hr job, pump is behind the OS fog light under the washer bottle, need to take the arch liner out to get to it but is an easy enough plug & play part. Think I paid about £20 for a new washer pump.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I though that I had the same problem with mine (08 3 door) turned out to be the washer pump had failed. The switch for the rear washer did not function so I ended up replacing the washer pump. 30 min - 1hr job, pump is behind the OS fog light under the washer bottle, need to take the arch liner out to get to it but is an easy enough plug & play part. Think I paid about £20 for a new washer pump.
The Pump works OK as water shot out of pipe when I turned the switch after removing it from the rear washer jet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts