Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

New to this forum and have a query regarding the Kia Carens.

My radio keeps coming on by itself when the engine is off and I am not even in the car. Keeps happening randomly.

Has anyone else ever heard of this happening or if there are any solutions to this?

Thanx in advance

:) SM

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mk 2 or Mk3 Carens?

Never heard of this fault, sounds like a job for the Ghostbusters!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Just noticed that you had a problem with your radio coming on even if the engine was stwiched off. I picked up my Kia Carens 57 plate on Wednesday and I got into the car this morning and the radio was already on. Don't know if it was on all night but it would drain the battery if it had.

I am in work and just went out to check it and it has come on its own again!!

Not good!

Just wanted to know if you have had it fixedor if anyone out therehas had the same problem and coudl offer some advice???

Many thanks HD XX

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmmm. Our 58 plate Carens is doing the same. On when car is off, and none of the buttons do anything. Just on loud white noise and cant stop it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
short of it going into a auto lec i would myself personaly cut the main live not the memory feed and put the main live on a seperate switch or to a live out point on the ignition but thats only if you feel you can do this confidently....

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 57 plate Carens has started doing this in the past week, it started doing it after I tried the CD player out for the first time ( It appears to be very faulty, not accepting most discs and throwing up all kinds of Error codes but that is probably a different story). During one episode of trying different ways of loading the disc a message popped up on the screen saying "Auto on - one hour" and since then the radio has been coming on by itself when the car is locked and unattended ( unless I press the power on/off button before leaving the car the car and turning the radio off). Having gone through the radio handbook there is no mention of such a function being part of the radio unit and I can't figure out why such a thing would be needed ( except as perhaps a kind of alarm system for a drowsy driver who has pulled over for a quick nap). I also have been unable to find any answer to this here on the forum or anywhere else on the internet which I find odd. I don't know how I enabled the function or how to turn it off now so until I do find an answer I will just make sure to turn it off before I leave the car so I don't risk my battery power.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi i have the same problem its so irritating cant turn if off or use any of tge functions goes off n on itself been 3 days now did you resolve the problem

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All, I recently purchased a Carens and had already set myself the task to change to a better radio as needed bluetooth and USB as got used to it˜�
Luckily I had planned to change as after creating 1st Mp3 disc it played it fine but when I ejected it would not let any other discs back in

I fitted new pioneer touchscreen radio yesterday and found out needed a double din harness for it as is non standard size. This costs £30 + a ISO din harness around £15 and radio of your choice.

Cost for me was £200 to change so not too bad in my opinion as do need my music on the long journeys ‘�

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I have a 2012 KIA Rio and my radio turns itself on and switches back and forth from the cd player to the radio. this only happens when the car is on and I haven't had it come on when the car is turned off YET lol, I am still looking for the reason that it does this

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Kia Venga doing the same ,Radio comes on when the car is Locked or the middle of the night ,cannot find how to repair .Kia want £150 hr To run a diagnostic check.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello gargoyle666, did you find a solution for the auto on one hour issue? recently I tried putting a cd in and after that I have encountered the exact same issue.

My 57 plate Carens has started doing this in the past week, it started doing it after I tried the CD player out for the first time ( It appears to be very faulty, not accepting most discs and throwing up all kinds of Error codes but that is probably a different story). During one episode of trying different ways of loading the disc a message popped up on the screen saying "Auto on - one hour" and since then the radio has been coming on by itself when the car is locked and unattended ( unless I press the power on/off button before leaving the car the car and turning the radio off). Having gone through the radio handbook there is no mention of such a function being part of the radio unit and I can't figure out why such a thing would be needed ( except as perhaps a kind of alarm system for a drowsy driver who has pulled over for a quick nap). I also have been unable to find any answer to this here on the forum or anywhere else on the internet which I find odd. I don't know how I enabled the function or how to turn it off now so until I do find an answer I will just make sure to turn it off before I leave the car so I don't risk my battery power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts