Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Carens 2
The key fob buttons for the remote have fallen off so I am using the only manual key lock on the drivers door.
I have been finding the car not locking, unlocking is wo.
Is there any known problem and fix for this?
I found I could lock the car by manually locking all the doors by the manual lever by reaching inside the car.
And to close the driver's door I manually lock the door on the interna lever.
Then close the door from the outside holding the handle out in the open position.
This locked the car and the rear hatch.
The car also put out the steering column key hole surround light.
Car secured.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
AFAIK this is correct behaviour. The emergency key does not operate the central locking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bit late to the party here, but might help someone and how I fixed my Carens locks that had stopped working.

I took my car for MOT, the sun visor was a bit floppy, the hamfisted tester ripped it out as it would have otherwise failed (apparently). Got the car home after the test to discover none of the locks worked with the manual key or remote. After a bit of head scratching I discovered that the sunvisor had 2 cables supplying the vanity light, they had also been ripped in half and had shorted out across the metal assembly. I removed the visor and isolated the wires then set about checking the circuit. The fuse had blown. This is down as the 'Memory' fuse in the yellow holder in the fuse box. Changed the fuse, oila! the locks all work again.

Now, your issue may not be the sun visor vanity light but something else on that circuit, but I hope that this helps someone else who is as dumfounded as I was about why their locks have suddenly stopped working!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts