Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to this forum so this question has probably been asked before but could not find it anywhere.The problem i have is abroken door handle to rear door of my Kia Carens 03 plate.I cannot open from inside so would presume the child lock is on,i have managed to get the inside door panel partly off but cannot find anywhere to release catch to open door from inside panel.Any ideas apreciated,can i get to child lock anywhere with door sut.Thanking you for your replies.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi Keith welcome to the forum.. Why have you a pole going ? If you want to post only click on the "New Topic" instead of "New Pole"

I deleted poll today for you.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
476 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Make the search option your new best friend, topic has been covered in depth before with ideas for fix etc. but it's not easy from memory, as you probably already know!

·
Registered
36 Posts
No, the child lock isn't on. The handle is made of moulded plastic and is prone to snapping. I had to remove the whole assembly and repaired the broken component by securing it with a long, thin self-tapping screw. I did the repair two months ago and that was on the driver's door. So far so good, but I think eventually I'll have to buy a replacement off ebay or somesuch. The dealers are way too expensive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. Having had all manner of door-locking problems, I would guess electrical contacts in that door od controlling door which is the driver's. Keep in mind that I am not a mechanic and only know these things 2nd hand from my mechanic, Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts