Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first post and its a strange one

i put my Kia carens 2005 cdti in to a local garage for a replacement clutch,the garage fitted the clutch and the clutch would not operate,pedal was solid ??
, they took the gearbox off agin to inspect it,could not see anything obvious ? so they replaced the slave cylinder aswell,put in another replacement clutch incase 1st one was faulty, and its still the same, the garage are spot on and genuine guys now scratching their heads in bemusement ?,they have tried fitting the clutch with the thrust bearing on the clutch fork and replacing the box, still the same ?.they have tried putting the thrust bearing in the pressure plate 1st and then cannot get the thrust on to the clutch fork ?,

they are as confused as i am ?. i jusy want my car back,its been stuck on their ramp for 4 days now

any help or info appreciatted asap as im going back to the garage in the morning

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
476 Posts
When I had my clutch replaced it was noted that there are 2 different types of thrust bearing, I'm not technical enough to explain any more than that I'm afraid, just trying to help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts