Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is still available,there doesn't seem to be a large number of people needing one. Due to weight etc it will have to be collected unless you wish to arrange a courier to collect.I have no idea of cost for this as I haven't weighed it.Depending on how quick you need it I will be in Taunton on the 27th of this month if that is any help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The towbar has twin sockets both connected to 7 core cable.We didnt use a relay for the lighting as its not really necessary.There is no fridge/charge relay.I will be in Cotford St Luke mid to late afternoon I can leave the towbar there and you can collect when you wish.Preferable within a few days. I will pm you address and my sons mobile so you can arrange collection from him.I would prefer paypal payment if possible as he will probably spend it before he returns otherwise!!.The bar new cost over £150 so I think my asking price of £75 is fair and it is what I would really like for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for that. I have just inherited my fathers carens 2009 gl crdi, I take it that this tow bar will fit this model . Please excuse my ignorance but this is a newcvehicle to me. So will this be ready to fit with no extras required? Are there many modifications to be made to the vehicle prior to fitting,bumper cutting,exhaust heat shield cutting? Etc.

If so I will,pay via pay pal and pick up early next week if that is ok . Regards, mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes towbar will fi tit was fitted to a 2008 model.I have the full fitting instructions which I will leave with towbar. The heatshield needs to be removed and a small section cut out.There is a small cut out in the black plastic trim at base of bumper.Wiring does not need to be modified as such.I just used scotchloks onto wiring into rear lights.You could use a seven way relay if you wished.You will need to get a charge relay to power caravan. The towbar itself didnt take very long just a bit more fiddly wiring it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts