Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
About 6 months a go my wife complained to me about a number of incidents she had experienced in the ceed sw (13 plate) where the brakes had failed whilst driving. I'd never experienced the problem but told Kia who inspected the car and found no issues with the brakes. She now drives extremely cautiously. I feel bad for not pursuing the issue as I have just experienced the same. Coming to a junction, downhill, a little bumpy, put my foot on the brakes and no response whatsoever (pedal would not go down). Ended up careering out onto the road and clipping the corner - fortunately no cars around. Will be contacting the dealer on the morning but worried as they have already inspected it.

Have there been any other Kia brake failure issues? Feel like i need to get some piece of tech fitted to the car to monitor the brakes should there be an accident. On PCP for one more year and can't wait to hand it back
Hi all me and my Partner are also experiencing the same problem with your 2018 Kia Ceed GT line, when going over any sort of bump the break pedal goes so hard like as if the ABS has kicked in, I have literally had to apply both of my feet to even slow the car down enough to attempt to stop, first happened in March 2020 Kia checked the car and found no fault, and then again recently it has happened 4 times on short trips to the shop etc, have booked in again with Kia we’re worried as we have 2 small children.[/QUOTE]

·
Super Moderator
3,136 Posts
Split to a new thread, as it was tagged onto a 2 year old thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts