Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Just gauging opinion on the KIA badges: I have seen cars with them replaced with one that looks like an "E" and others that are removed altogether.
Part of me likes the removal/replacement to give that "ooooo what is it?" reaction but part of me thinks it could be seen a bit of badge embarrassment?

Gav.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I know what you are going through, I have the same dilemma with my 2008 Cee'd. The front badge recently had some flaking of the chrome lettering which reduced the street cred. of the vehicle a bit so I spray painted the whole badge black after sanding it and that looks ok actually. May even suit your Stinger but don't use glossy paint , a half matt is enough.
I think the stinger would look best with this style shown below. Removing the front badge from the hood looks perfectly ok too, no badge embarrassment necessary. If you still have Kia wheel center caps and a Kia badge on the rear then it's not like you are trying to blatantly conceal the car's branding.

Where does the letter "E" come from? Does the E actually mean anything?
I guess you have seen this selection of badges in various qualities and variations:
Automotive tire Automotive design Guitar accessory Rim Font

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi guys,
Just gauging opinion on the KIA badges: I have seen cars with them replaced with one that looks like an "E" and others that are removed altogether.
Part of me likes the removal/replacement to give that "ooooo what is it?" reaction but part of me thinks it could be seen a bit of badge embarrassment?

Gav.
I have left the original Kia badge on the front of mine but I have removed the rear and replaced it with a longer Stinger badge. I personally think this makes the rear look much better and it is how they come stock in the US and South Korea.

The reasoning behind people switching the E badge is that this is how they also come as stock from Kia in South Korea. Pulled from the internet:
The E logo symbolizes the maximized performance of its rear-wheel driving. It also stands for the company's new theme "'Engineered by Excellence." Aside from that, the logo means Exclusive, Exquisite and Evolutionary

Personally I'm proud of it being a Kia and whether it has the E or Kia people's minds are blown when they see one either way because nobody associates a performance car like this with Kia. The amount of times I've heard "no way is that a Kia" never gets old.

Pic attached of the rear of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Stinger GTS in Panthera Metal with Red Leather
97 Posts
I went for the full E badge set, it is just me. Only annoyance was when I got my car I vinyl protected the top section of the bumper. When it was warm enough to swap the badges means I have a weird gap on the vinyl.

I like it anyway and just say to people it came from Yorkshire. BTW when I had my Monaro I put the proper Holden badges on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I Am looking at badge removal/replacement. Is there anywhere to get a complete set of Front/wheels/steering wheel "E" badges? I have a larger "stinger" to replace the boot badge.

I keep finding some parts but not all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think if anything I might just replace the front and rear ones with the new “joined up” KIA logo. Or maybe just the rear and remove the front one altogether.

Gav.

·
Registered
2017 Stinger GTS in Panthera Metal with Red Leather
97 Posts
@ Gav, just as a side note, the front badge has pins so you have two holes in the bumper on the UK cars. So you would need to fill them and paint if you wanted no badge. The E badge you have to cut off one of the pins to fit the uk car, easy to do with a dremel or knife.

@ Paul, I ended up getting mine as two separates, I think you can get most of the stuff from Amazon these days or try ebay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Gav,

If you look on Wish you can find full badge sets of "stinger" or E or New K logo. These are plastic/chrome over badges, they stick on to the original. I have ordered a set as they are cheap £12 plus P&P), and will report back on the quality.

I seemed worth the chance, as the next level is £100 odd for wheel badges/front/rear and steering wheel.

1 SET(7PCS) 3D K Front Grille Trunk + Steering Wheel + Wheel Center Caps Sticker Badge Emblem for KIA K7 OPTIMA Sportage

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have left the original Kia badge on the front of mine but I have removed the rear and replaced it with a longer Stinger badge. I personally think this makes the rear look much better and it is how they come stock in the US.

I've done the same and de-badged the rear in favour of a large "Stinger".

I went gloss black, I have kept all the other badges tho.

Is that a tail spoiler? 🤔

1 - 14 of 14 Posts