Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm a proud owner of a Kia Sportage 2016 GT-Line, and it's been a beautiful car to drive and own. It's due for a service and booked in next week. However, Kia upgraded the infotainment system to be compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in 2017 and I'm extremely sad that I missed it. It's the one thing about this car that feels dated.

Do Kia offer retrofits of infotainment systems? I'd like a newer one that supports Android Auto so I can access that functionality. Does anyone know the expected kind of prices if so?

The current infotainment system is "meh" at best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Joey,

I'm in a similar situation, but I'm hoping to get the CarPlay with the existing infotainment device via software upgrade.

My Kia Sportage 2016 is still in warranty, so I'm planning to take it to the Kia Service guys and ask for the upgrade. I know that Kia is promising maps update during the warranty.

Perhaps you can try the same at your dealership/service shop.

Best of luck,
Damjan

·
Registered
694 Posts
Map upgrades are £25 ish at the dealers, not covered under warranty. The upgrade path to carplay etc has been debated to death and is not possible on the MY2016 Sportage other that to completely replace the head unit with possible loss of steering wheel functions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts