Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Kia 2020 Ceed GT Line
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the silver coating is coming off the drivers side interior door handle. My Kia main agent said they would order the part last November. It was apparently on back order. It has still not arrived, I have received excuses that the part is on a ship coming from Korea. Also found out today that the main agent has ordered twice but they did not have the correct part number. They are now waiting for Kia to give them a part number, so they can order again. I hate to think that if ithere was a major issue what their excuse would be if they don't know the part number.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This situation is fun for neither, the dealer and you.

As a typical combustion engine alone as more then 200 parts. The dealer is not able to know all partnumbers of all cars including all revisions. So, they use a system. (books back in the days)
1 The dealer enters your vin number in the system, the system shows which parts are on the car. They order needed the part.
2 Wrong part?
3 Now the dealer employees are using their knowlodge to find the same part, but before the ?revision? (other partnumber).
4 wrong part again?
5 Now the dealer contacts the importer and/or factory officials.

The system is a world widedatabase, so yess, there will be problems. They are sorry, that it's of their hands.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts