Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to this forum so here is my first post...

I have just bought 1.6 petrol but in the hand book it only shows the button to turn on or off the Eco system for diesels cars. I cant find it in my car for the petrol version although its badged at the back Eco Dynamic...I am interest in this feature to save fuel...

Can you advise or help explain this system for my car.

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I am interest in this feature to save fuel...
It does indeed save fuel, about 1/2 a cupful a year.

If it works I see it as a positive since it reduces pollution at junctions in town.

If it doesn't work I don't worry.

But you must realise it only save fuel whilst you are stationary and even on the best stop/start cars we have owned (not Kias) after 2 or maybe stops in a queue it ceases to function since the battery will be below the threshold required.

Once out of town a moving stop/start will save you nothing.

Back about 12 or so years ago we had 2 new Volvo's in the office, one was delivered with stop/start, one without. Over the next 5 years both did about 150,000 miles and as required by company car rules both drivers had to log all fuel purchases on the company spreadsheet. At the end of 5 years both cars returned pretty much the same mpg figure (with a few 10ths) and the difference would be accounted for by the different journeys and different driver more than by stop/start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.