Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am just wondering if this 3 cylinder petrol engine is most inefficient for both mpg and emissions? I am seeing some other manufacturers engines which show much high mpg and have low emissions. What your experience has been as i believe Kia and Hyundai fit this engine in several of their car.
Many thanks
Solar

·
Super Moderator
3,379 Posts
We have 2 of this engine in the household & love them. No issues with either. 18K & 12K miles on them. MPG in Sig over their time with us. Both bought from new.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve owned 2 T-GDi engines from KIA... both decently peppy and exciting if a bit rough. MPG for both averaging from low 40s to mid 40s.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mine is usually around 44. Have had it above 45 (just) but my problem is that I have this dual carriageway just north of my home, and even if I go south when leaving home...”somehow” the car always seems to return via the dual carriageway :devilish:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just say there is a nice duel carriageway on my way home from work... maybe the reason for my most recent average of just below 40...

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have an i20 with the 7sp DCT. I would expect it to be more economical than the manual (*). I have done 4800 miles at 47.34mpg, according to the odometer and fuel quantity bought (ie, not the dashboard calculated result). It is possible that with tanks of Tesco 99 it has just squeaked past the 50mpg barrier. (I believe it is straightforward fuel specific gravity, not magic ingredients.)

(*) It keeps the engine between 1500-2000rpm most of the time. The lower limit probably gives a slight disadvantage in the test but a real world driver is unlikely to run the engine that slowly. Also, not having to worry about the engine bogging down means I use cruise control about 80-90% of the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts