Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My MY20 Proceed GT suddenly lost pretty much all power while driving normally a couple of months ago. DCT tried changing to lower gears, but there was absolutely no pull especially when going uphill. No check engine light or any other fault messages on the dash. Finally I had to pull over and call Kia road service.

The car was in the workshop for a couple of weeks, and they finally changed the low pressure fuel pump. It actually fixed the problem, but now I got the same symptoms after ~2000 miles. This time I was told that there have been several 1.6 T-GDI engines losing power lately all around the Europe. The factory fix has been replacing the low pressure fuel pump, but the fault usually comes back after a while. The service representative also told me that the factory is trying to figure out the reason, but there are no instructions/reason available at the moment. It seems that the fault fixed itself this time, and there is only a fault code in the history. Thus, they are just going to give the car back to me as they don't know what to do.

Anyone else heard anything like this about the 1.6 T-GDI engine? To be honest, I'm quite pissed, because now I have a car that will potentially stall any moment. Don't really want go on longer trips with my family on board.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
975 Posts
I haven't read anything about similar problems, and I guess because you post has gone unanswered for three days no one on here has had the same. Odd that they haven't figured it out, perhaps that suggests it's pretty rare and like any intermittent fault is difficult to diagnose.

If the only current fix is to replace the pump but the problem returns, then either there's a batch of faulty pumps or it's not the pump at all. Assuming your dealer isn't spinning you a line, and there are cases across Europe (why not Australia?), I wonder if its some strange combination of environmental and specification circumstances?

I know it's clutching at straws, but have you tried different fuel, either supplier and/or grade?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. If I understood correctly, there have been problems only with the models that come from the Slovakia factory.

Don't know if any of this is true, but somehow it's hard to believe that they would give me back a faulty car on purpose. Every time this happens, it costs them lots of money to tow the car, pay me a substitute and have it checked. It has been examined by two independent Kia dealers, and they get instructions from the local importer organization that communicates directly with the factory.

I'll let you know if I get any more info on this.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for the input. If I understood correctly, there have been problems only with the models that come from the Slovakia factory.

Don't know if any of this is true, but somehow it's hard to believe that they would give me back a faulty car on purpose. Every time this happens, it costs them lots of money to tow the car, pay me a substitute and have it checked. It has been examined by two independent Kia dealers, and they get instructions from the local importer organization that communicates directly with the factory.

I'll let you know if I get any more info on this.
I believe that the Sportage is also made in Slovakia, so I would expect that they will use the same components!

Look forward to hearing that you're problem has been resolved 👍

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

My MY20 Proceed GT suddenly lost pretty much all power while driving normally a couple of months ago. DCT tried changing to lower gears, but there was absolutely no pull especially when going uphill. No check engine light or any other fault messages on the dash. Finally I had to pull over and call Kia road service.

The car was in the workshop for a couple of weeks, and they finally changed the low pressure fuel pump. It actually fixed the problem, but now I got the same symptoms after ~2000 miles. This time I was told that there have been several 1.6 T-GDI engines losing power lately all around the Europe. The factory fix has been replacing the low pressure fuel pump, but the fault usually comes back after a while. The service representative also told me that the factory is trying to figure out the reason, but there are no instructions/reason available at the moment. It seems that the fault fixed itself this time, and there is only a fault code in the history. Thus, they are just going to give the car back to me as they don't know what to do.

Anyone else heard anything like this about the 1.6 T-GDI engine? To be honest, I'm quite pissed, because now I have a car that will potentially stall any moment. Don't really want go on longer trips with my family on board.
Hi Legge,

So sorry for reviving an old post, but I have been looking online and your post is the only relevant one I was able to find.

Did you ever manage to find out what the issue is and how it can be solved?

I am having the EXACT same issues that you have described, with the same car / transmission combination - Proceed GT 2019 1.6 T-GDi 7DCT.

The car just struggles to get up to 60 km/h, won’t go over 3000 RPM at any point. To make it worse, this has happened during a road trip almost 600 kilometers away from my home town. I still have 2 days left to spend here so I am hoping I will be able to do something about it until I have to go back...

Thanks and sorry again!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not 1,6 tgdi but 1,6 diesel proceed had same symptoms and reason was blocked intercooler. It collects water inside and in one moment it freezes. Yes, it's possible only when temperature is below 0C. Solution was simple, move car to warm garage and drain water from intercooler.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the late reply. The ECU of my car was updated, and I didn't have any further problems after that. Don't have the car anymore, so can't be 100% sure if that was the ultimate fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts