Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I have a ceed 1 on motability and the problems are central locking does not work all the time affected by outsideinterferenceunknown.so having to use the keys more often and the key where mit goes into the silver bit that swivels in the fob has broken on one key and has cracked on the other kia dealer say because of problems with the keys on the ceed venga and spiortage this is not a warrenty item and will cost £113.00 for new bit does anyone have similar problems with the key fob not locking unlocking and being weak in thedesign and the pin falling out that hold the two parts of the key together

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had the same problem with my Kia ceed keys - lost the pin that keeps it in place and hairline crack. It is not fit for purpose and should therefore be replaced free of charge.

The wife took it to the dealer only to be told it was not covered under the warranty and they would need to order a replacement key.

I am unwilling to pay the circa £130 replacement key fee as i believe this to be an inherent defect in the metal/design of the key.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too am having trouble with broken keys where the pin fits. This is the second time in less than 18 months. At this rate it will cost me over £1000 during thr 7 year warranty period.

What else is concerning me is that this has happened on both occasions at home where the spare is kept. What happens when miles away and no key. Do I really need to drive round with the spare on me at all times. Previous models had the "solid one piece key". No troubles at all.

Come on Kia, own up to your responsibilites and get this problem resolved.

Other than that a great little car.

Daffy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kia called me back and confirmed that not covered by them under any circumstances told them what i thought of that lu kily motability say its fair wear and tear and will replace one key as car is going back in november and i will not get another kia

·
Registered
226 Posts
So, ifI understand this right, you wont buy another Kia because the key fob on your current Kia broke and they wont replace it FOC?

No second chances with you eh.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have to admit I found that harsh/funny too. Just bair in mind..it's the CAR under waranty. If the key to a pad lock snapped, you wouldn't take the lock back. I mean I wouldn't proclaim I'm never buying Adidas trainers ever again because the laces snapped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How comes some owners are getting these replaced foc and rest of us are being charged?This is a design fault and it is a known fault! A hairline crack appears first then the pin drops out. It has happened to both my keys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just collected my replacement key FOC. Dealer said Kia won't cover it under warranty but will do it as a good will gesture. Keep up the goodwill, this is the second time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ken1959 if you are a motability customer ring motability to sort it out its their problem not yours.Also if the dealership wants to stay with motability and sell many cars to motability they will want to keep motability customers happy and stop dicking you about

1 - 11 of 11 Posts