Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Rio CRDI has central locking but only operates with the key. So I have purchased a keyless remote unit from ebay so that it locks/unlocks with the blip.
Has anyone done this upgrade and could tell me where in the loom to wire it up i.e what wires to connect to.
The unit I bought does give you a universal diagram but not of the Kia Rio.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Davy, not fiited one myself, but have looked at wiring diagram, looks to be a lock/unlock switch on window master switch, so should be able to wire into that. have wiring diagram i'll send you as amessage as i can't seem to paste them!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Davy, still can't seem to paste them on there either, send me a message with your e-mail address and i'll send them to you, they are a jpeg file, unless you know how to upload to this site!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wooho I dont have a door lock button at the window switches. If I want to lock doors there is a button next to the pull handle to open the door. My Rio is a 2006 1.5 CRDI Zapp model.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Davy, looked again, do you have electric windows? if you don't, must be a 2007 model. there is a different diagram i can send. looks like a common earth feed from CDL relay, Green wire, controls all doors. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have electric windows on the front doors only. That is the only switches on the door arm rest.
I will PM you my email address.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts