Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Keyfob Battery

5K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Indalo 
#1 ·
Hello!
How long should the keyfob battery last?
I think it must be the battery as I'm getting strange things happening.
Firstly yesterday I unlocked the front passenger door with the handle button, but the drivers door stayed locked.
I get four beeps when I turn the engine off, never used to happen.
Today kept getting a display saying "key out" when the keyfob was in the front tray.
anyone else had similar problems?
Cheers.

#4 ·
Hello!
How long should the keyfob battery last?
I think it must be the battery as I'm getting strange things happening.
Firstly yesterday I unlocked the front passenger door with the handle button, but the drivers door stayed locked.
I get four beeps when I turn the engine off, never used to happen.
Today kept getting a display saying "key out" when the keyfob was in the front tray.
anyone else had similar problems?
Cheers.

I don't see how the key fob battery could cause that - you are not even using the fob, but for a few pounds you should replace it and see what heppens then.

#5 ·
"
I don't see how the key fob battery could cause that - you are not even using the fob, but for a few pounds you should replace it and see what happens then."

I agree, it sounds more like a door lock actuator or the connection/wiring to it.
However it may be worth checking the fuses. I have no idea which fusees the door locks are onor if they are all on the same fuse, but often the are split so at least one door/headight/rear light etc works

#6 ·
The car is a Venga 4 on a 16 plate. It's definitely not a fuse or wiring as the doors worked perfectly today.
I've just been out in the car and everything seems normal.
All except the 4 beeps when I switch the engine off.
Most odd! as I never got the beeps when I came home this afternoon.

#7 ·

#11 ·
Thats right..so might be worth a punt as Turnup has already said..can't see it but who knows.. cars can be weird things these days with the electrical can bus systems they are fitted with..if it is it will be a cheap fix and you can put it to bed once and for all.. ? had an ESC light pop up on mine the other day and found that it could be related to the brake switch recall..right pain to get to but managed to get my hand up and under to it and gave it a wiggle..light then went out ..lets hope yours is that simple eh..

#16 ·
Just tried the keyfob no beeps, battery voltage 2.7volts.
All sorted then! I like the Venga but it’s on the way out sadly, as with the Hyundai iX20. Production of both models has been rationalised, both models now coming off a single assembly line at a Hyundai factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.