Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have keyless entry. This morning I went to my car and normally the mirrors come out as I approach but today they didn't. But pressing the button on the door handle the car unlocked and the mirrors came out. So changed battery in key made no difference. It must be sending out a signal or it wouldn't unlock. Tried spare key and worked perfectly.
Worked yesterday and haven't dropped them or anything.
Anyone got any ideas before I phone the dealer?

·
Registered
2021 Soul EV FE
327 Posts
If you were able to use the door button to unlock that seems to imply that the car and your key were able to chit-chat.
Have you taken any software updates recently? I ask because I know that the car wagging its ears, the "welcome mirror" feature when you walk by is an option on my Soul (I have it turned off). Sometimes software updates have been known to change the odd setting.

Try looking in the setting on the dash: User Settings / Convenience / Welcome mirror + light
I guess you want that ticked (I have it off)
If it appears ticked, try unticking it then ticking it - The usual "try turning it off and on again" I.T. trick!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did update yesterday. But it would be the same for both keys. The spare one work perfectly though.

·
Registered
2021 Soul EV FE
327 Posts
Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough!
Does your Sportage have a feature of distinguishing between keys, for doing fancy things like adjusting an electric seat to two drivers, having different radio favourites, or deciding which phone should be blue-tooth attached to the car? (I'm assuming the car does have user profiles)
I'm just clutching at straws about whether the car associates different settings with different key-holders.
I know our Soul's two keys don't do any of that, but it would be nice if it did :)
Kia don't exactly make it clear what two different driver profiles control (what is common and what is different).
Our Soul doesn't switch profile depending on who uses the car (or who opens the driver door).

I still reckon it would be useful to turn the "welcome mirror" feature off and on again in the settings to see if it has any effect. Perhaps do it having accessed the car with the non-behaving key.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There isn't different settings for keys and there is no mirror in the settings, just the switch on the door. It's either automatic or not.
Thanks any way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts