Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had to change my key fob as the front touch pads had disintegrated. .I purchased a replacement for a Kia and recieved it OK. A lot of difficulty in opening the fob to swap over the internal parts. I managed with a sharp knife but the battery fell out.and after putting it back together.the touch pads work but the key in the slot when turned does not fire the engine and keeps turning.. Does the key have to be re installed with an electronic applicator from KIA?

Super Moderator
No.
There will be a small part either still in the old fob case or has dropped out. That is the immobiliser part in the key fob. Usually black, but has been known to be white.
About 1:50 onwards.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I previously asked why my fob was not turning and firing up my engine after changing over my fob to a new shell. I had areply saying the inhibitor piece of plastic was missing.
I could not find it and have watched a you tube on dismantling the fob for changing over. it was a very thorough but it did no mention this piece of plastic. Can the gentleman who offered this info. to me expand on what he was saying and possibly give a diagram of the fob and where it is located please. I have found on my carpet a piece of plastic which is square one end an has a strip extending from it. I don't know if this is the piece or some thing from another packaging?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts