Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

I have a 2013 Kia Rio LX with a 4 cylinder 1.6L engine. My problem is, both of my key fobs are only working when they are within 1 foot of the vehicle. This occurs no matter where the vehicle is and I have changed the batteries on both fobs.

On a side note, when this vehicle is parked in my garage, for some reason, it is interfering with both garage door remotes, causing them to only work within a couple feet of the garage door opener. I plan on going to the dealer on Monday but thought I would ask around first.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its to do with the antenna receiver.. some times they are in the remote and some times they are not..in this vid it is in the remote..
Its to do with the antenna receiver.. some times they are in the remote and some times they are not..in this vid it is in the remote..
thanks for the reply! The antenna isn’t in the fob so it must be in the car. I’m guessing it went bad and is causing an RFI issue, hurting the garage door remotes in the process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.