Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the key fob needs programed by a dealer same as the key or if it can be done by a simple process by myself. I know allot of key fobs and keys can be re paired to the car by a series of key turns or such like to allow the locking unlocking feature to work, so hopefully this is also the case with the Sedona

Cheers
Stephen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers, car is in to get cambelt done and mot so will try this when it returns. Looks pretty straight forward so will give it a try. Thanks very much for the quick reply and help, most appreciated
Thanks
Stephen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok tried to do the coding, but there is nothing in pin 6 so not able to do it, my car is a 2005 2.9 crdi SE spec model. Any help before I go to the dealer and try and get them to do it please.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Some model Kia's have different types.On some if you go down to floor level at centre consul they have a controller and it has a lead with a button to press to program and then press again.Also i have found a link here that may helpKia Sedona Keyless entry key programming instructions - ProgramKeyFob.combut don't know how reliable it is .The one i posted previous has worked for others with Sedona's,but i dont remember what years they were i will look for old posts and see if i can find them

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much indeed, the program website worked perfect, now have fully working keyfob, you are an absolute star :):):):):)

·
Registered
27 Posts
The www.programkeyfob.com link instructions worked fine.
I have an OCT 2002 2.9 CRDI LX sedona and purchased a 2 button Kia remote (bontec-002) off Ebay for less than a tenner.
Paper clip 39 seconds later working remote locking.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tried this on my 03 sorento and new fob ( donated foc by Peterboro boongate kia, thank you) now locks and unlocks doors as normal. Great advice, thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys, can u help please?...read this post about keyfobs...I have just purchased an 06 Sportage 2.0 diesel and only one key and one entry fob.....can u advise me cheapest way to get a spare key and also if I purchase a fob from Ebay...can I programme it...thanks in anticipation of your expertise!!

Regards Paul.

·
Registered
12 Posts
HiI am a totally useless diy mechanic but am really grateful to campduck. My son smashed my fob locking the front door about 3 years ago. Bought a second hand one off ebay. Came 2 days later costing £15. Used the campduck paper clip in diagnostics trick and, hey presto, worked first time. Was going to get wife to treat me at Christmas to £200 main dealer fob replacement. Huge respect to campduck and all who contribute to this replacement fob thread. Dead chuffed. Will add some value to mys ancient bus when i come to sell it also!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts