Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi bought a key fob from ebay it looks identical and when i took it to the dealers they tell me thats not for a serdona so i said well its got kia on it and its identical well they said we dont know which kia its for soi took it to a key lock smith and they said your car wont talk to our machine so where would i have to have a word with the car and get it to except the code

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a similar problem with an identical fob I bought on ebay from the USA and KIA garage couldn't code it. Reason is that they operate on different frequencies apparently. I was attracted by fact that including p&p it cost sub £10 from USA versus about £70 over here but alas the master plan had a flaw !

Best regards
Ian

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi ian regarding the key fob they should not allow them to sell the key fobs on ebay if they know they only work on one model of kia ive now started a case agaist this guy calls himself MINDSTORM now hes telling me that you should ask before you buy them what kia they are for a guess what his anwer was well you should find out before you buy them so how the frig does he think we find out with out the fob and he says hes not falesly selling some thing knowing they dont work but i am just hopeing ebay see the legal side of what hes doing and letting him carry on selling them hes not right in the head just hope ebay pic up on this scam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts