Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning.
Went out in car this morning Sportage 2016 Diesel 2 ltr, unlocked with keypad and started on button as normal.

When arrived in town the keypad would't lock the doors,the mirrors stayed out and car wouldn't start unless I pressed the keypad against the start button, as instructed by dash.

Any one had this, tried second keypad, just the same .

Car now back under carport
Any help appreciated

Super Moderator
Did you get any low battery warnings on dash recently?

Reactions: johnstamford

Registered
For the money it will cost, try swapping the fob battery. I had similar symptoms to you, randomly losing keyless entry and asking to press the start button with the key. As soon as I swapped batteries, everything went back to normal.

*Darn it, ninja'd by Turnup.

Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
As others have said, do the easiest thing first, replace the the key fob batteries. As I recall they are CR2032 type batteries.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys , thanks for such quick responses.(y)
Battery changed and all now working. They are indeed CR2032 mr macspot.
Didn't think of changing the battery at first as had only replaced the battery about 6 weeks ago.
Funnily enough my wife had suggested changing the battery before I came on here :eek:! She's just told me she does't bare any grudge. Should have listed to her in the first place:)

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
For the money it will cost, try swapping the fob battery. I had similar symptoms to you, randomly losing keyless entry and asking to press the start button with the key. As soon as I swapped batteries, everything went back to normal.

*Darn it, ninja'd by Turnup.
Yes it did thanks, pleasantry surprised that it was that and not a major electrical fault .

Registered
If the previous set only lasted 6 weeks then they are of very poor quality. There seems to be a lot of pirated Duracell and Panasonic batteries on the market at present.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
If the previous set only lasted 6 weeks then they are of very poor quality. There seems to be a lot of pirated Duracell and Panasonic batteries on the market at present.
Makes you think doesn't it , of course needn't say where I bought them need I ;)

Registered
I don't understand why this thread is in the KCS sub-forum and not in the relevant Sportage model forum. It isn't a big deal but if a lot of misplaced posting occurs and draws responses, it will render the forum rather a confusing melange.

We are frequently reminded by the moderators that newcomers should avoid initiating questions in the introductions sub-forum and members should refrain from answering and initiating discussions in that place so I see this misplaced posting in a similar vein and something that should be discouraged.

I suppose this post might be better placed in the 'Site Issues' sub-forum.馃榾. Mods?

Super Moderator
I don't understand why this thread is in the KCS sub-forum and not in the relevant Sportage model forum. It isn't a big deal but if a lot of misplaced posting occurs and draws responses, it will render the forum rather a confusing melange.

We are frequently reminded by the moderators that newcomers should avoid initiating questions in the introductions sub-forum and members should refrain from answering and initiating discussions in that place so I see this misplaced posting in a similar vein and something that should be discouraged.

I suppose this post might be better placed in the 'Site Issues' sub-forum.馃榾. Mods?

Just waited till Op came back with a answer to battery change, or if it was more serious.

So now moved.

Glad Op sorted issue, shame that Mrs got her advice in 1st, but as all us men know. You always need a 2nd opinion :eek: 馃槂

Registered
I had exactly the same with mine recently - no "low battery" warning - just one day, key didn't work - car locked, which meant the owner manual was inside too & I couldn't remember how to access the emergency lock to gain entry! Fortunately I was at home to looked it up on t'internet but if that had happened in the wilds of Scotland with no mobile signal I'm not sure how I'd have gained entry!

Suffice to say, have now fully familiarised myself with the entry procedure and now have a spare fob battery kept in the car for if/when it happens again!

Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
I had exactly the same with mine recently - no "low battery" warning - just one day, key didn't work - car locked, which meant the owner manual was inside too & I couldn't remember how to access the emergency lock to gain entry! Fortunately I was at home to looked it up on t'internet but if that had happened in the wilds of Scotland with no mobile signal I'm not sure how I'd have gained entry!

Suffice to say, have now fully familiarised myself with the entry procedure and now have a spare fob battery kept in the car for if/when it happens again!
The MyKia app has access to the handbook, but in case of no phone signal you could always download the manual to your phones memory in case of emergencies. Just a thought. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Just waited till Op came back with a answer to battery change, or if it was more serious.

So now moved.

Glad Op sorted issue, shame that Mrs got her advice in 1st, but as all us men know. You always need a 2nd opinion :eek: 馃槂
Sorry for the wrong page, I should have realised.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts