Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or do you need to be right next to the car to open it?

And is it unsresponsive? I feel I'm pressing and pressing but it doesn't open first time. Surely it can't need a battery change already.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Must be a problem I confirm I've never known a more responsive keyfob in all the years I've owned a car - I've managed to use it from inside my house and from right across a supermarket car park the distance is unbelievable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes I'm an FE owner.

I would change the batteries without delay if the the car isn't responding from a decent distance.

I've owned Fords, Renaults and Hyundai's but the Kia's key fob range just stood out a mile to me. I noticed this quite by chanceat the supermarketwhen I'd parked it ridiculously miles away in the car park to avoid getting more dents in it - when I suddenly had doubts if I'd locked it . I didn't want to lose my place in the queue at the cash machine so I lazily just pointed the key in the general direction and was pleasantly surprised when all the lights winkedback at me - a stunning distance really!

·
Registered
69 Posts
In short, no problem with mine.
And......
I had a similar experience. I jumped on the train last week. As we pulled away I was admiring the car from my seat and suddenly realised I couldn't remember locking it. I clicked the key fob several times and nothing. The car park was now fast disappearing from sight and panic setting in. This might sound ridiculous but when I pressed the fob to my head and pressed the button the lights flashed. I believe your body acts as a signal amplifier. Phew!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cmclough is an FE also, not sure about John but I'm wondering if this a non FE issue. If any non FE owners could comment I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not an FE but mine works from a good distance too. You can amplify a poor fob by holding it next to your head when you press it. Honestly, it works!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mines a kx no prob.Just beware if you hold the fob to your head so you dont dazzle anyone with the flash from your eyes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
MaybeKIA said:
Not an FE but mine works from a good distance too. You can amplify a poor fob by holding it next to your head when you press it. Honestly, it works!
Sorry, didn't realise this had been suggested a few posts back. I think Mr Clarkson may have brought this to the nation's attention a few years ago and I've certainly found it useful (unlike most of the other things that have come out of Mr C's gob).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts