Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Picanto 12V. 2009, 999cc, Petrol Car, 4 seats
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m doing some research before I have a key cut. I have a 2009 Kia Picanto. I took my key to a popular key cutter ( usually operates on Tesco premises) and he can do the job which includes the chip for £75. Is this a fair price and if not where will I get a fair deal? I live in Bournemouth.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
That price seems very reasonable to me if it's for a modern smart key. The company is probably one of the leading providers of replacement keys so I'd be inclined put my trust in their operatives.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m doing some research before I have a key cut. I have a 2009 Kia Picanto. I took my key to a popular key cutter ( usually operates on Tesco premises) and he can do the job which includes the chip for £75. Is this a fair price and if not where will I get a fair deal? I live in Bournemouth.
That works for me. I was quoted £125. Then I lost my main fob , only had the spare key, and the price for a new fob was the equivalent of a small third world country’s national debt. Trust me - get two!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yep seems ok to me - we bought a new key for our 2005 Vitara a few months ago (key with built in remote buttons) and it cost us £230 from Suzuki ,a local car locksmith quoted almost £300.
I didn't try Timpsons as we were avoiding visiting any busy places at the time for some reason or other :)

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
You will still need it programming in ECU to start engine unless they can do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts