Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the owner manual key code tag (s) should be supplied with new cars?

Anybody got them with their cars, or is it just the manual out of date?

·
Registered
75 Posts
According to the owner manual key code tag (s) should be supplied with new cars?

Anybody got them with their cars, or is it just the manual out of date?
I've bought 2 new Kia's in the last 12 months, and been told twice that you don't get the Key Code Tags anymore. They have no use anymore, apparently.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Collected my new Kia from Sutton Park Group in Coventry last Friday and it came with, (what I assume) is the a key code tab, a black plastic tab attached to the keys with an alphanumeric string on it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
When I got my Sportage in May 2018 I was told by the supplying dealer that tags were no longer supplied. When I asked about the key code, the dealer supplied the info.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply’s

Seems like it’s down to individual dealers whether they pass on the tags or not. Will stick my head in when passing some time and ask, but not too bothered

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I spoke with Kia Customer Support this afternoon as to why I hadn’t received any details/welcome pack/acknowledgment of the RAC registration for the first year (they’re going to get the paperwork re-sent to me) and took the opportunity to ask as well about the key code tags. Wasn’t completely sure if they still supply them (!) but said if they did it’s up to each individual dealer whether they pass them on or not as they are not needed nowadays as a) only registered Kia dealers can supply replacement keys and b) they would be able to access the info needed for your car through their systems

1 - 10 of 10 Posts