Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
i have a 16ft twin axle caravan will be towing it for the first timetuesday with my sedona will let you know what its like.
my lucida towed it ok but was ***p on hills but the sedona has so much more power.
Edited by: dmc

·
Registered
195 Posts
look on the drivers door pillar, my 2003 has a sticker with korean writing, but the numbers seem to make sense,

Kerb weight is 2145-2213 Kgs for the manual, 2155-2223 Kgs for the auto model dependant.
max gross weight is 2738 for both.

Quick question, when did you pass you driving test, if post 2007 you will need to get the B+E test, the normal C only allows a gross train weight of max 3500Kgs, the sedona is 4843 Kgs.

the reccomendation for new towers is 85% of your vehicles kerb weight, so a caravan between 1823 and 1889Kgs laden weight, so pretty much whatever you fancy for it...

If you want some more secific caravan advice, google UKCampsite, its a camping/caravanning forum, loads of good towing advice, and what to look for when buying a van (especially avoiding a damp van)

·
Registered
141 Posts
just towed my caravan up home a 50 mile trip and did with no problems at all.
mine has the standard oil cooler in place its only small will be replacing it with a

bigger unit when i give it a good service after my holiday.

just bought a bigger caravan on sunday only weighs in at 1525kg. just a bit more than the old one.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi just returned from a holiday towing a 1700kgs weight, 7.95mts length with my 2.9, total miles 1200 miles (Anglesey-Dover-Netherlands-Return)NO PROBLEMS. I mean 1700kgs +++++ everything the wife shoved in + 3 youths. Also fitted a tuning box from TAFF, amazing difference in torque.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
standard oil cooler mininut?also, how much for the tuning box, and better consumption too?

Do you have reverse sensors? if so, do you have a fixed or removable tow ball?

thx

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry mine is a manual. I have reverse sensors fitted with a fixed towball, no probs with the sensors until I cover the towball. Sensors still work fine when an obstruction is looming. Powerbox available from [email protected] (Taff) I think its £250 + p&p, he's on this forum somewhere? pm me if you cant get hold of him. There are 9 programes 123, 456 mid range and 789, found 5 to be ideal for towing and consumption, was able to keep the Sedona on cruise control @ 60-65 mph in fifth for longer periods, (yes I know that 60mph is the max for towing a braked trailer, I was the only one under 70mph!!!).

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes fitted it myself, proper job. Wiring plugs onto throttle wiring then other plug onto the throttle potentiometer, speed signal picked up from plug behind speedo/dashboard, then control stalk fitted onto the column surround, Think I paid 350 three or four yrs ago works wonderfully well. All comes with full instruction + telephone instruction if need be.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The reason I fitted the cruise control was because, while driving along the M62 towards the east coast at 01.30 or thereabouts looked at the speedo 105mph, I must have been in a trance, first thing that came to mind was "Oh sausage my licence"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts