1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
If it's a double din unit, it will probably look something like this when it is fitted.

Linky

IMHO the vertical screen doesn't integrate too well with the dash although it will probably be easier to see in bright sunlight. The angled screen that we have sometimes suffers from distracting reflections.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah craig wi got that price up as well after i got off the floor lol, I was more wondering about how it integrated into the car set up as kia were supplying it as an aftermarket fit, because the dealer told me kia supply it. It goes back to when I bought the car and I had a conversation withthe dealer about fitting a radio/cd/sat nav in the car (i was looking at the witson units at the time), they indicated at the time that there could be warranty issues with non recommended units if it caused problems with wiring, speakers, microphone steering wheel buttons etc, so i would hope this kenwood one would not fall into this catagory and there would be no warrenty problems if i fitted it

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Where do Kia supply it? I haven't seen it in their approved accessory catalogue.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I havn't either, but I e-mailed Bolton Kia (my dealer) who are owned by kia uk to ask what options were available to upgrade the radio to one with sat nav on my sportage FE and they said and I Quote -Kia supply a Kenwood DNX5260BT Radio/Cd/Sat Nav unit to fit this vehicle,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked this thread up..
Asked my local dealer, and they rang Kia and sent aload of stuff through including pictures! Not sure if KIA have it right "Semi Intergrated"? it works with steering wheel controls phone pick up, volume, track etc. They have also got the factory fitted USB socket to work with an ipod lead. from the pictures it all looks great. also the Kenwood model offered has no model number on the front and is a Matt finish? looks great. might sound a little expenise at £995 but that comes with 5 year warranty and can get it all fitted when my car goes back in for something else.
I keep you updated how i get on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts