Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, got an infra red 2017 Sportage.I'm not overly interested in making it any 'shinier', it's shiny enough.
I'd like to keep it as shiny as this for as long as possible though.
I currently tend to use G-Techniq C2V3 and spray it all over the car.
It's more of a sealant, but it does introduce some shine to the mix as well.
I like the fact I can use it all over the car, glass (windscreen excluded), plastics, the lot.
Are there any more up-to-datealternatives I should consider though?
What about protecting the laser-cut wheels from dreaded lacquer damage as well?
I still have some poorboys' wheel sealant.

Edited by: bowfer

·
Registered
442 Posts
First off well done to the mod team for banning the spammer..they are keeping me busy as well..(y)

would like to note and make a comment regarding the colour infra red and the touch up paint in circulation..how many of you have found that the paint dries darker ..fortunately for me most of my touching up has been in areas where it doesn't show to much..but had to touch up on the rear bumper and its does stand out there..thought I would add this to this thread rather than start a new thread..are members finding this also applies to their cars as well regardless of colour..was searching online and found this..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same here with touch up paint for my Pop Orange Picanto. Very annoying. I think as much as I love metallic finishes I will go back to basic white next time - I've never ad trouble with touch up paints for that colour!

·
Registered
665 Posts
We had a big chip on the nose of our infra-red car, right beside the Kia badge.
Whatever touch up stick we bought was spot on, I'll check the brand later and advise.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Halfords touch up kit, I thought it might have been.
I usually use Chipex, but I recall they didn't have the colour.
So thats a paint and lacquer which I always try to avoid..I have been using Wilson Lendrum & Weir Ltd of Enniskillen who advertise on eBay and this is the first time in many years that the paint has not had a 100% match..it's an enamel which means no lacquer so no messy top coat which often looks a mess when finished..was yours a pen PicantoABZ or undercoat/ colour and clear..

·
Registered
665 Posts
So thats a paint and lacquer which I always try to avoid..I have been using Wilson Lendrum & Weir Ltd of Enniskillen who advertise on eBay and this is the first time in many years that the paint has not had a 100% match..it's an enamel which means no lacquer so no messy top coat which often looks a mess when finished..was yours a pen PicantoABZ or undercoat/ colour and clear..
I don't bother with anything other than the paint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts