Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, KCS I sent you a Pm to see if its possible to get KTS in on the forum. This would please alot of members on here if you could arrange that.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Hi
Davy,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

As Dan has explained we are unable to offer technical
advice as doing so without seeing the car could result in safety or cost
liabilities if any wrong advice is provided.

We have taken on board all the feedback from the forum,
so thanks to everyone who has contributed on the Customer Service Poll. This will now be reviewed to see what
suggestions are possible to take forward.

Please either post on this forum or contact us if you need
assistance from customer service and we will do our best to help.

Kia Customer Service

0845 6017521

Visit www.kia.co.uk

Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk

Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Wednesday: 8.30am - 6pm

Thursday: 8.30am - 6pm

Friday: 8.30am - 6pm

Saturday: 9am - 1pm

Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KCS thanks for the reply. Its what I was expecting really as you say you could be liable if your Tech services gave out the wrong advice and then there was damage to the vehicle or the person the advice was given. So really "take it to the dealer" is the safest option for yourselves and the customer and hopefully the dealer repairs it correctly and satisfactorily and that no harm comes to man or machine or the dealer will cop it. That way KCS or KTS is not liable and in the clear.
Eh nice one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If kcs can't help via the forum whats the point of them being on here in the first place we all have there uk address and phone number but what help do they give they need to look at cs @ lexus and take a leaf out of there book.

We have all spent out a lot of our hard earned cash for kia cars only for kcs to turn there backs when thing go wrong.

And i know i was one of them.

·
Registered
422 Posts
proac said:
If kcs can't help via the forum whats the point of them being on here in the first place we all have there uk address and phone number but what help do they give they need to look at cs @ lexus and take a leaf out of there book.

We have all spent out a lot of our hard earned cash for kia cars only for kcs to turn there backs when thing go wrong.

And i know i was one of them.
-That sums it up - if we ask for advice / information we take it on face value. We have to get information from all sources - some reliable and some not so reliable - but I for one do not expect any guarantees and would not expect them. If we were to take that tac every member on the site would be liable to legal redress for offering advice isf it was not correct.
As you say we have all invested money in Kia vehicles and a lot of members who maintain their own Kias and others, are in a position to recommend (or otherwise) Kia to others. I for one would readily recommend others to buy Kia, but would always point out the problems in getting service and maintenance information

·
Registered
422 Posts
Kia Customer Service said:
Hi
Davy,

so thanks to everyone who has contributed on the Customer Service Poll. This will now be reviewed to see what

Kia Customer Service

0845 6017521

Visit www.kia.co.uk

Surely if Kia put a rider/disclaimer on any information provided this would prevent members taking any further legal action against Kia for information that was inaccurate or inappropriate. The majority of members are responsible and sensible people who would appreciate information supplied from Kia

·
Registered
702 Posts
alcutler said:
Kia Customer Service said:
Hi
Davy,

Kia Customer Service

0845 6017521

Visit www.kia.co.uk

Surely if Kia put a rider/disclaimer on any information provided this would prevent members taking any further legal action against Kia for information that was inaccurate or inappropriate. The majority of members are responsible and sensible people who would appreciate information supplied from Kia
From the dealings I've had with Kia dealers if you are not buying a new car then they don't want to know. They are unwilling at the best to give out even the most basic of information when asked even down to head bolt torque settings which I'm sure are not likely to start world war 3 . Why does KIA USA treat their customers so differently to the way KIA UK treat us? The supply a web site with a manual detailed drawings ,TSB's every thing an owner could want to be able to understand and work on their own cars. Kia build decent cars but at least 4 people I know have had Kias and after a few years have traded them for some other manufacturers offering due to the Kia dealers attitudes and apathy when things go wrong .

·
Registered
928 Posts
bruno1926 said:
Why does KIA USA treat their customers so differently to the way KIA UK treat us? The supply a web site with a manual detailed drawings ,TSB's every thing an owner could want to be able to understand and work on their own cars. Kia build decent cars but at least 4 people I know have had Kias and after a few years have traded them for some other manufacturers offering due to the Kia dealers attitudes and apathy when things go wrong .
It may well be due to the American car market being the most competitive in the world.

Don't forget that in the USA you also get a 10 year warranty with your new KIA as well.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I just wish they could work out a way of getting my car from the port where it arrived on the 20th February to my dealer....!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts