Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have recently purchased a 57 Plate Kia Sedona, I am based in the UK. I am looking to install a Hands Free Car Kit. I am particulary looking at the Parrot CK3200, which connects at the back of the Head Unit. This is a JVC Head Unit, does anyone have any info on how to remove this prior to me having a go and cauding damage to something.

Thank you all in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there i have just fitted a parrot hands free to my sedona very easy to do my sedona is 2000 w reg but from what i can gather they are the same set up insid.

right first off these cars although people say they ar korean there really jap and with all jap cars there sterio's are screwed in.
get a blunt tool i.e thin flat head screwdriver and carfull un clip the centre console just run the screw driver around the edge pulling towards yourself at every clip. as you come towards the last clip be carfull as the wires to the switches need unclipping these are colour coded for easy re-fit BUT ALSO the cigurett lighter needs disconnection and there is not much play in the wires i found out the hard way bu snapping the live conection.

once this is removed its quite stright forward remove the 4 screws and head unit removed then simply fit hands free and replace there is pleanty of room for the 2 boxes on the car kit and with mine i did not have to connect the mute cable as its in the wire loom for the sterio already hope this helps james

1 - 2 of 2 Posts