Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took delivery of our Fusion Orange MY22 Ceed GT-line last Tuesday. It was an ex-demo with 1200 miles on it. And having put around 500 miles on it since then both of us are very happy. The 1.5T-GDI is plenty eager enough and has plenty of power from even low down in the rev range. The manual gearbox is satisfyingly direct with a nice weight, as is the steering. And overall the handling and ride is capable and comfortable - keeping in mind that it isn't a hot hatch, nor a luxury cruiser. Good MPG is a bit of a surprise and very welcome. Over 50MPG on a run is good in my opinion.

The infotainment system is top notch, superior in many ways to that in our XC40 and the wide screen aspect allows for splitscreen which really suits my needs/liking. Its also a comfortable place to be - I'm picky about seating position and have a bad left knee which is usually aggravated by sitting in cars for miles, but I'm all good here!

It is far more appealing inside than the competition and has a good spec for the price.

However everything isn't perfect.
Some paint correction is being done by the dealer and some scuffs being removed from the clear coat - considering it was meant to have Lifeshine, it isn't great, so I look forward to it coming back from the paint shop. Also I'm assuming that an AutoGlym kit should come with it - if so it hasn't and I'll have to follow up with the dealer too. This however is being done as part of the sale and is what I would expect.

Minor niggles:
The small map on split screen can't default to 'heading up' like the large map
Driver warning system is very sensitive and beeps despite setting to 'later' most often the lane departure on getting close to the white line

Major niggles are:
No LED headlights, despite this being new advertised spec, I guess the chip shortage is holding things back. Halogens were on the spec so I'm being picky.
* But the projector/H7 lights fitted are pathetic. New lamps will be on order very soon!
Same goes for digital dash... But less bothered about this.
A little louder than I expected inside, however its mostly road roar and will be combatted with sound deadening - perhaps the down side of a hatchback after years of driving saloon cars is that you notice it more. I also understand that tyres are a contributory factor, but they will wait
Speaker system is woeful, needing to be set at aroudn 45 before any bass can be heard on a motorway - not being able to option the JBL system is disappointing
* Step 1 is sound insulation in the rear area, then I will re-evaluate

All of these would have been solved with a ProCeed, which we did look at and decided against. Overall though, I'm very happy, and with some small changes most of this will be solved cheaply and easily

And a little about me - I've come from a 55 plate VW Bora diesel which never failed to put a smile on anyones face owing to a remap! It also had lots of OEM modifications from within the range so I'm glad to see that accessories are available and instructions are too - Mobis seems to be a great platform for this.
Alas, priorities have changed a little now and safe/efficient is the name of the game.

Our other car is an XC40, and I have a long term '72 beetle project...

Perhaps some pictures soon once its back from paint.

A_K

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And in for paint today - have a ProCeed as a loaner. Same spec - real world differences? Its perhaps slightly quieter on road noise and it has an electronic handbrake, which is useful. My other half likes them as autohold is useful when you are used to driving an auto.

Cupholder and USB socket sliding covers are fine - I'm not too fussed by them, however there is a rubber mat on the shelf above it which is just plastic in the Ceed! Phones just slide about on there, but the rubber mat is a better solution. A little digging shows its also the same in the Xceed and is an easy to remove component (
).

More digging to do.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And we are back with my Ceed - Not the greatest paint correction I've ever seen, however I think it'll go to a detailer to be honest. There are still a few areas which are sub-par in my opinion but I don't feel the dealer will get it sorted to my satisfaction.

They also apparently looked at the fuel flap which protrudes a little and isn't flush. The ProCeed had a much better fit so I assume its just adjustment. I've read on here that Xceeds' suffer the same. Hyundai apparently have a similar issue which is rectified from inside, I will have a look over the weekend, and if its not simple, find another dealer to go to.

On third look, the little shelf in the front ISN'T the same as those in a ProCeed as the whole console is difference, so back to the drawing board (or plan B of some non-slip matting) for that one.

Nice to have it back though. Much more eager on the road than the ProCeed with the same engine despite that having a few more miles on it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Repair kit in mine. Same in the pro Ceed loaner too. Like a few things that is fine for me but I know it is a frustration for some.

I've used by a spare once in my driving life and an inflator and goo would have sorted that anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts