Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 2.0CRDi Sportage KX-3 in Techno Orange!

Hopefully have it by the end of May.

This is my first new-car buy - at the young age of 21 - so all I managed to wangle into the deal was a set of mats

Really looking forward to the new car - my current A3 2.0TDi Quattro (2005) is on her last legs at 150,000 miles and counting until the delivery date.

Any advice tips or tricks to help me along the way would be appreciated!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if this is a KIA thing or my dealer specific - but has anyone else been offered a service plan for the 3years for £350 or so?

Is it worth the price? I'm thinking yes but I not quite sure - never really got mentioned - just a passing comment which I plan to take up upon receipt of the vehicle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi jonay,just picked up the exact same model that you are eagerly waiting for,fortunately i only had a weeks wait as they had one in dealer stock,got some good stuff thrown in though which really set the car off(side steps and kick plates)great service by dealership too,best i have encountered(and i have owned a lot of cars)Sure you wont be disappointed when the end of may arrives cos this car is fantastic,make sure you read your handbook cos it has loads of kit that m,regards jayay not be too obvious at first(bluetooth phone kit is ace-voice activated too)i am newbie too but sure we will talk again

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bit of a set back today - found out that the finance company rejected my proposal.

With a credit rating score of 999 with Experian - I was a bit stumpted as to why - but after looking at my credit report I guess it's becuase I upgraded my credit card with my bank a few weeks ago.

Hopefully I can get Experian to appeal my case with Santander so that I can get my Sportage with the lowest rate.

I'm determind!

Seriously frustrating!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess if I'm not successful in the appeal - then i can try again in about 4months now - but whether or not my current car will last that long without spending money on it - i don't know! :(

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yus!

I wrote a letter to KIA Finacial Services and they reconsidered and accepted my application!

Couldn't be happier!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jonay, I am sure you will be looking forward to it.

I was at the dealer I am purchasing a Sportage from, and they have a car in the spec and colour you have on order in their showroom for sale now.

They are excellent to deal with, and I got a very good deal with them. Could possibly give them a call!

Triangle in Chesterfield.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's ok - I'm ordering though Arnold Clark, their Aberdeens KIA agents.

Thanks though!

·
Registered
22 Posts
End of May!!

Good luck mate, we ordered a 1.7 3 in white on 05 Mar and we were told mid April (6 weeks). That has now slid to the right by 6 - 7 weeks. Might be worth checking again or you might end up disappointed when it is due to arrive to be told it has been delayed.

I hope it is not delayed for you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ha! I wanted either the white or orange one - if I wanted a white one I was told that I'd have to wait a minimum of 5months!!!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WHEY!

I got a call from my dealer this afternoon to say that my Sportage has just been delivered this afternoon!

Typical that it's a bank holiday and that there are no administrators in today to get the registration number and I'll probably not get it until Wednesday - just as well tbh - I'm super busy with work and I've got an interview at 2000hrs on Tuesday. I've got 7days off come Wednesday anyway - guess what I'll be doing!

Best bit is that it's 22days ahead of when I was told it'd be due!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can't wait till tommorow at 1200hrs when I pick her up! :D

Will be sad to see my A3 go but hey ho!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.