Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's it, I've only been and gone and done it.
Just ordered a Proceed 4 in white.
Probably will not see it until the end of Jan. Bye bye S500 Merc.

The dealer said it would have delivery mileage on it of up to 20 miles.
I am not very happy if this is the case.
One of the nice things about getting a new car is to drive it away with zero miles on the clock.
I can understand a couple, if any, for the PDI.
He said it depends on how they drive them off and on the boat ????? WTF
My Seat Cupra, Ibiza and the other halves Panda all came with ZERO miles on the clock.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Great news, hope the delivery waitingtime goes quickly for you.
20 miles does sound a little strange - especially with the reason you`ve been given. (is it coming over on an aircraft carrier lol)

Surely all cars should follow the same route from manufacture to dealer.

I wish I could remember what mine had on it?

·
Registered
455 Posts
It does sound a lot, my first edition sportage came with 6 miles on the clock that was @pick up after PDI etc, They are made in the same factory i can't see why it should be much different.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Is that the one in the boot handle?
I wish I had gone for Pro-Ceed due to the amount of stick I got from work mates lol

But then I found they did the Pro Ceed badge to replace the original CEED fitted to all models.

Mine is now back to standard with a big silver KIA on my rear.

www.Domedbadge.co.uk if you haven`t seen the link - have a play

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Oh - whites lovely by the way, great chioce, and your post made me look in to the `4` as the 2, 3 and sport were the available options when they first came out.
I like the sound of the revering camera and intergrated Sat Nav - very jeleous.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I had stick when I fitted it....ohh a Drakey car etc etc.
It calmed down after a while then out of the blue I kept getting quizzed on it and comments and got tired of explaining it lol

Badge is a Bi++ch to remove, hopefully you`ve seen my comment and crappy picture on how to.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
drakey said:
I had stick when I fitted it....ohh a Drakey car etc etc.
It calmed down after a while then out of the blue I kept getting quizzed on it and comments and got tired of explaining it lol

Badge is a Bi++ch to remove, hopefully you`ve seen my comment and crappy picture on how to.
Ah yes, I can see the stick potential now

Yes I saw your comment. Picture was fine as an explanation. Couldn't you get to it from the inside the boot lid ?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mine had 13miles from new (how lucky) I think it's just because they are made to order they get driven from port to ship, ship to storage, then delivered to dealer. After PDI it's about 13 miles. I assume most of the other cars just get driven on transporters more but with it being made when the order comes in it may delay delivery even further. VW reset the mileage at the dealers prior to delivery, my passat had zero miles and that was after i waited for the tech to get back after the PDI. Congratulations by the way, your now a member of the white pro_ceed 4 club....looks like we're the only two members....talk about exclusive!
Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
28 Posts
A special build car just means that it is a one off due to the spec rather than a more generic one with no options. It makes no difference to the delivery process at all and they will still be shipped by truck/rail like any other car.

The extra miles might be an extended test drive before it leaves the factory, one at the import centre to check for defects prior to delivery to the dealer or the dealer itself.

Teplička nad Váhom, in the Žilina Region of Slovakia is also miles away from any coast so no way they are driven to the port

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well yeah, In August 2005 Kia's UK distribution operation moved out of Sheerness and into a purpose-built Greenfield site at Killingholme, near Grimsby, operated by the GBA""ˆGroup. Until 2008, Walon, part of the Autologic Group was responsible for all new vehicle deliveries to the Kia dealer network. As of January 1st this year, this distribution business is now handled only by GBA. All Kia's global transportation is handled by sister company Glovis. Vehicles produced in South Korea are shipped by EUKOR. Cars built in Zilina, Slovakia go by short-sea  via Cuxhaven on DFDS Tor Line vessels to the port of Immingham nr grimsby (dads mate used to work there) where they are inspected by PoundGates, KMUK's inspection, insurance and claims agents, before they are handed on to GBA for storage and preparation. They go by train sea and road so there's a lot of moving around under it's own power hence 13 or so miles on the clock. I just wanted to give a brief idea why Kia cars have a few miles on them while other manufactures wipe the mileage at dealers....which is a little less honest. Didnt want to get technical. I remeber reading on another thread Toyota class UPTO 80miles as delivery milage.

I think while your bedding in the proceed though you'll not notice the 126bhp. I found out its at 5600rpm and when your not supost to take it above 3k for the first 1000miles it's very frustrating! But it still pulls lovely upto half revs

·
Registered
96 Posts
The mrs brought a new kia rio 3 in white and the dealer said it would have upto 20 miles on the clock but when we got it, it had 7miles on the clock lol
i been looking into swapping my pro ceed 3 in for a 4 you'll have to let me no what the new toys are like lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am presuming that, after the 2.5km test, they reset the mileage to zero.
I still haven't got a date for my car which was ordered on the 28th November 2011 Nearly 6 weeks and not a word.
I am now starting to turn into Victor Meldrew and am getting a bit peed off.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
gandalf999 said:
I am presuming that, after the 2.5km test, they reset the mileage to zero.
I still haven't got a date for my car which was ordered on the 28th November 2011 Nearly 6 weeks and not a word.
I am now starting to turn into Victor Meldrew and am getting a bit peed off.
"I dont BELIEVE it"

·
Registered
536 Posts
dont kno gandalf, but if they do reset it, i wouldnt be two happy. When mine had 13miles i thought.."ok thats a few...better not been taken home a few nights or used as a demo" but then realised if it had 0miles...the dealer could have run up a couple of hundred miles in test driven then cleaned the slate. Sorry about the wait though fella. Being over xmas doesnt help either.. but at least it'll come with the new ECU upgrade and satnav upgrade as they were implemented end of november...so fingers crossed. still got to take mine in

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@RichieD76
Its the total lack of contact that's winding me up.
I just cant wait

Any idea what the ECU and Satnav upgrades consist of ? Full postcode search ???? Fat chance

Edited by: gandalf999

1 - 20 of 39 Posts