Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just ordered a brand new (my2021) Kia Sportage GT Line S 1.6 Diesel Hybrid AWD automatic in Blue Flame, so I thought I had better say hello.

It is to replace my 5yr old Hyundai Tucson 2.0 diesel AWD auto which has been faultless since I got it new.

I should get the Sportage around November time according to the dealer.

Hopefully, it won’t have any of the electrical gremlins I have read about on here and I look forward to being able to contribute to the forum once I get my hands on it.

·
Super Moderator
3,281 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

Yes we all hope that you do not have the issues. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buyer beware, I purchased the same model in January 2020 and it was recalled for a tensioner issue in August 2020. I returned the vehicle to the dealer on four occasions. The last was to have the work carried out. I had only done a few miles over 3000 at the time. The car was taken in to the dealers on 28th August 2020 and is still there as of 7th October 2020. I am told the engine is stripped and they are awaiting parts which may not arrive until mid December 2020. It took from 28th August 2020 to the 18th September 2020 for Kia to arrange a replacement vehicle. The blame for this being passed between Kia customer service and the dealer. The least I would do is ask Kia for information about the failures on the Kia Sportage GT S Line Hybrid before you accept it. The dealer is very economical with information but has informed me that they had sold six and all have a similar issue. I am very disappointed to say the least. I really like the car and it has a high specification and drives well. This is my first time owning a hybrid. I previously had the Sportage 2.0 GT AWD for three years and never had any issues with it. This was why I went back to Kia. Not so sure I would go back again.

·
Super Moderator
3,281 Posts
Re above. Kia are not alone with Hybrid issues.
BMW/Mini & Ford to name 2 that have big issues. Neither of which can give anytime line for fixes. As just like Kia they are struggling to get to the root of the issue and then come up with a fix.
Not helped by all the various parties that are involved in the production supply chain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts