Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken the plunge and traded in my old Peugeot for a Black Kia Rio 1. Ended up paying £6350 OTR with Central Locking upgrade (£150)

I have about a 8 week wait.

There seems to be conflicting information on this forum regarding the USB Connect.

1. Does it come with the Ipod lead free?
2. Does the Ipod or Iphone actually work and charge via this lead?
3. A i am better off just getting a memory stick(for music on the go) and separate phone charger?

Finally, any tips where i can pick up a set of cheap Rio Mats?

Thanks Guys,

Look forward to more posts and discussions.

Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
markouk said:
I've taken the plunge and traded in my old Peugeot for a Black Kia Rio 1. Ended up paying £6350 OTR with Central Locking upgrade (£150)

I have about a 8 week wait.

There seems to be conflicting information on this forum regarding the USB Connect.

1. Does it come with the Ipod lead free?
2. Does the Ipod or Iphone actually work and charge via this lead?
3. A i am better off just getting a memory stick(for music on the go) and separate phone charger?

Finally, any tips where i can pick up a set of cheap Rio Mats?

Thanks Guys,

Look forward to more posts and discussions.

Mark
Ah great had my black kia rio 1 on friday and its been great! Biggest mistake i made hoever as to find out that it didnt have central locking when the car was delivered.

Answers!

1 - No lead came with mine!
2 - Only certain ipod's work with it. My ipod touch doesnt work :(.
3 - Thats what i've done!

And ive looked on ebay for the mats, theyre not genuine but fit with the car! Got a cheapy set from wilkos at the moment though!

What did you get the 1.4 petrol or the 1.5 diesel?

Edited by: MatthT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply MatthT.I went for the 1.4 petrol as i don't do enough miles to warrant the extra for the diesel. It does sound like the memory stick is the best option. I presume with the MS you can skip songs and albums etc as ive no idea how they work to be honest.

I'll keep looking for some mats. May just bite the bullet and may the £42.99 from the dealer when i collect the car however.

Edited by: markouk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the mat thrown in when I bought mine (and a tank of petrol)...

With regards to the MS; yes you can skip songs (as simple as skipping CD songs).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its a lovely car to drive and the interior is nice! :D

Just looking for a way now to install central locking as they didnt ask me for the upgrade. What dealer did you use to buy the car? Dealers in my area have no clue what the central locking upgrade is!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Go to an auto spark they will advise on a good system. It cost me £140 to get keyless central locking upgrade on my Ceed 1.4S. That was a Meta system which is a good unit. You can buy central locking kits on ebay cheap with the door actuators but dont know what the quality is like.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I asked my kia dealer if they did a keyleess upgrade and they put me onto a car spark they use. So I went with them. I was told this would not affect the warranty , after all they recommended them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Arghhh! Got mine from gravells in fforestfach swansea. However phoned up the kidwelly branch and they said there was no such thing as an upgrade! Really at a loss here :|

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Kia personally wont do it but if you take it to a qualified car spark he will get you a central locking kit for it and fit it for you. As long as he is qualified and Vat registered this will not affect the warranty. Peace of mind phone Kia customer services and ask them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Howdy from the USA.

I'm not sure how different the US version is from the version there but I use my 3G i Phone with the KIA adapter and it reads the music and album information off my phone just fine. The adapter was not included in the price of the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's interesting w9awx, guess it must be a compatibility issue going through the UK radio/cd player which is annoying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 412px; height: 122px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 92pt;" width="123"><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20">
<td style="height: 15pt; width: 92pt;" height="20" width="123">I have got a good
deal on Rio Black from whr I purchased and I really like the ease of this
mobile phone. for more detail visit <table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 44pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="59"><col style="width: 44pt;" width="59"><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20">
<td style="height: 15pt; width: 44pt;" height="20" width="59">http://www.prepaymania.co.uk/mobilephone/rio-black-orange-payg.html</td>
</tr></table></td>
</tr></table>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts