Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - just picked up a new SW 1.6 LS diesel from the dealer today. First impressions are, so far so good. Nothing gone wrong or fallen off yet, good build quality, love the MP3 player support on USB. Engine is nice and quiet, good power (115HP unit) as well, although having to wait for the plug to warm up is a bit pre-historic!

Anyway hoping this one will be as reliable a family car as the Picasso HDI it replaced. Will keep you all advised of any issues that happen!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've had my SW 1.6 LS since last October. I have not seen another one on the road yet. I traded in my Ford C-Max Zetec diesel which was under 2 years old and still had over a year's warranty left. I was very badly let down by Ford Customer Services.
The SW is slightly more powerful than my C-Max, but not as economical. The gearing is not as 'long-legged' so acceleration is better in the higher gears, but I'm only getting about 45 mpg against the C-Max's 50 mpg. Perhaps when the engine and gearbox have loosened up a bit things will get better. I've only done 2000 miles.
One complaint is that my car is filthy. I live in a country area and ordered the car with mudflaps. These are still on back-order but not yet available for the rear wheels.
Otherwise a great car. The underside is awesome. As flat as a F1 car with honeycomb strengthening inside the front bumper.

Edited by: Adriano

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had a Cee'd hatchback since September last year overall a nice car, this actually replaced a Ford Mondeo ST TDCi 2005, this car let me down many times with different components going wrong. I had nothing but issues with Ford Customer Services, Warranty Claims that Ford would not accept liability for. I can say I agree that the fuel economy with my 1.6 LS CRDi is not as impressive as I would have hoped, I only get around 45mpg round town my 2.2 mondeo achieved around 48mpg. I only have one other complaint and that is the lateral and lumbar support on the drivers seat is not fantastic. After an hour of driving I get leg and back ache. Though I am very impressed with this car overall and think Kia have done a fantastic job of creating a car that can match a Ford Focus and personally I feel beat a Vauxhall Astra in many areas. Thumbs up to Kia.
Edited by: AndyC

·
Registered
75 Posts
From the Express newspapers 'Cars of the Year'.
"
Best hatchback: Kia Ceed
Runner-up: Toyota Auris

Ford narrowly misses out on a double win by note of its new Focus not going on sale until January 1. Even so, 2007 has seen a battlefield in the hatchback sector, especially with the twin Kia Ceed and Hyundai i30 models having arrived in showrooms.

Despite its ridiculous name, the Ceed gets our vote being one of the best built and equipped cars to come from Kia in years ""“ the seven-year warranty well and truly seals the deal. "
Well done Kia.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, I've had my SW LS 1.6 diesel for over 4 months now and covered 3500 miles. These figures show my actual fuel consumption at each fill up since 1 Nov 07. The best figure of 49.27 mpg was achieved with 280 of the 350 miles covered on motorways at 75mph max, but mainly at 65 - 68 mph.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=211><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD height=21>
46.51</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD height=21>
47.45</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD height=21>
41.82</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD height=21>
46.25</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD height=21>
44.82</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD height=21>
42.61</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD height=21>
46.61</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD height=21>
49.27</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD height=21>
44.25</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

The rest ofmy figures are for combined; half on dual carriage way (A1) and half on quiet country roads.

KIA 's quoted figures for my vehicle are Urban (cold) 47.9, Extra urban 65.7, and Combined 57.6.

HOW I WOULD LOVE TO ACHIEVE FIGURES ANYWHERE APPROACHING THOSE!! I don't know where they get them from.

I have my mudflaps now and they look smart as well as keeping the car cleaner.

The nearside front wing has a poor paint finish, There are numeroussmall circles about 1 - 1½ mm across all over (only on this panel). They look like burst air-bubbles. I haven't spoken to the dealer about it as I think anything that they try to do, would make matters worse.

Apart from that, andthe dreadful fuel consumption, I am fairly happy withmy car. I have only seen one other on the road.

Edited by: Adriano

1 - 6 of 6 Posts