Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

This is my first post and I have reluctantly registred here because I am now lost about what to do. I bought an 04 Sedona 2.9D 3 weeks ago as my wife and I foster and needed a seven seater. When I test drove it all seemed fine but the heating blew cold. I mentioned it to the guy at the garage (small private dealer in Perthshire) and he said that he didn't know enough but would either get a mechanic to look at it the following day or would knock a few hundred quid off the price if I wanted to get it looked at myself. As we were speaking, the heating came on and I thought nothing else of it (being a complete novice with cars). As I drove the car home it went into limp home mode after approx 20miles. I called a friend who knows more than me about cars than me as I was struggling along the hard shoulder at 20 mph who advised getting the car staight over for a once over. When I got there he noticed that there was not a drop of water in the radiator and filled it with 7.5 litres. I drove the car home (with heating after a few miles) and went back a few days later where we (he)changed the thermostat (start with the cheap things he advised) which proved to be ok anyway on testing in a pot of boiling water. To make matters worse, when I turned it over on his command to check what was going on...........I had left it in gear and the car decided to leap forward at his garage wall leaving a nasty dent in the front bumper (the bodywork of the car was all that it had going for it at this point and I had managed to destroy that also).

Anyway, I have since bitten the bullet and had it into a Kia garage who have conducted an hours diagnostic check and told me that the cylinderhead has gone and it willbe £1200 torepair but I only paid £2000 for he car. The car is ideal in every other way (ideal for what we need) and I would prefer to get it fixed rather than start looking again.

1. Should I take the car back (bearing in mind I've dented it since)

2. Get other quotes from private mechanics

3.Does anyone know of a trust worthy mechanic in the Falkirk/Bathgate/Stirling area?

Any help and advice would be welcome as we have a very expensive ornament siting out in our drive a the minute

Thanks,

Stuart.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi Scooter welcome to the forum Really sorry to hear about the sedona problem, I do hope you get it fixed at a reasonable cost. Cant help you with advising you on what garage to take it to sorry.
If you post in the Sedona section some of the guys on there will help you out.

Edited by: davy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts