Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy?

I'm RJ from Houston,TX. Don't be fooled by the greeting, I'm Filipino and just moved here 8 years ago.

I have the 2009 BASE model - literally - no Power Steering, no A/C, no Power locks/windows, manual tranny (i wanted anyway). It does come with an MP3 cd/radio WITH aux AND usb. That right there is worth it IMO. It has 2666 miles when I got it.

Now let's get down to business:

1. Lug pattern? I assume is 4x100? I have my sights set on 15" Enkei GF1 wheels (seem to be universal 4 lug anyway... lol)

2. Does anyone know of someone that sells window vent/rain visor/vent? Since my car has no A/C I want to keep the windows cracked when parked and want to keep rain out when its raining.

(found oneGenuine Kia Part # UR060 AY070) - Does anyone know if this installs using a 3m doubleadhesive tape? My uncle has rainguard (brand)and it does NOT require sticking/tape. It sits on the top window when you roll it up.

3. The little manual (literally little o_O) tells me I should change oil and filter every 7500 miles. Is this true? I'll probably end up changing every 5000 miles just because...

4. Does the stock radio have subwoofer out? I have a pair of Rockford Fosgate p3's in my old car. If it will fit in this, I want them on. If not, I'll have to settle with only one sub. :'(

5. What does everybody mean when they say "It's just barely broken in at 20k miles". Break in period should be around 5k miles - 7k max IMO.

6. Any tips/tricks? I don't plan on keeping this particular vehicle. I'm 23 and I need credit. Will be finishing school in 1 year so I might be buying a car with at least A/C+P/S in a year.

Edited by: Ares

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hi there Ares, good to hear from you. As Paul said, for many of your questions you're probably better off looking at the US forum, especially for wheels and trim details.
The long break in period is mainly for the diesel engine model. On the US site there is someone I sawthere with a couple of diesel Rios that have done nearly 300,000 miles and are still going, so it's a long life engine, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts