Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I used to have a Cee'd, in fact I also had a pro Cee'd, both lovely cars and great quality, unfortunately I went mad and bought a Hyundai i30 that I thought was "better", how wrong was I?

Anyway, I'll soon be picking up my Niro 2019 model (69 plate) any tips/advice?

I've driven a Hybrid before, but was a Toyota Yaris. This Niro comes with a electronic handbrake which is new to me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got mine (2019 Self Charging) about 4 month ago. Haven't been far for obvious reasons. My 1st hybrid and 1st automatic. Absolutely love it! So easy to drive. Only thing that got me was that Park is where 1st would be and Drive where reverse should be but soon got used to it. The electric handbrake isn't a problem. Put it in auto hold before you set off and it does it all for you. Have fun.!

·
Registered
113 Posts
The electric handbrake isn't a problem. Put it in auto hold before you set off and it does it all for you. Have fun.!
Bear in mind though that auto hold is effectively applying the footbrake rather than the handbrake, so if you stop in traffic your brake lights will stay on potentially annoying the people behind you. If you apply the electric handbrake this isn't the case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bear in mind though that auto hold is effectively applying the footbrake rather than the handbrake, so if you stop in traffic your brake lights will stay on potentially annoying the people behind you.
thats is their problem not mine :D

But thanks for letting me know.

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
Would make more sense if auto hold did not display brake lights, but then again it's very much like the front DRL's going off when you apply the handbrake...
Makes little sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts