Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

first post here. I have taken a risk and bought a Sportage 2.0 CRDi XS 4WD Auto with 06 plates and 49k on the clock.

The reason l say l have taken a risk is that it came with no service history. it has come from a reputable dealer, if such a thing exists :)

I have tried ringing the local Kia dealers based on the regional identifier on the number plate, but not had any luck locating the service history.

When l book it in for its next service at 50k miles, which l will do with a kia dealer, will they check that any known defects/recall notices have been carried out?

Is there anything l should look out for on this model?

The first few days of driving have been a real pleasure and l think l am going to enjoy this car very much.

Thanks in advance

Edited by: g00ner

·
Registered
662 Posts
make sure you ask dealer to carry out any relevant downloads especially EGR and get them to check the sub frame mounts other than these points they are great cars i am on my 18th demo now and i get the choice of any KIA product

·
Registered
662 Posts
we have had a run lately of subframe bushes and yes seen some lower arm issues also squeeky rear antiroll bar d bushes which some red grease usualy cures

·
Registered
887 Posts
Could be worse, could be a ford/ vw/ vauxhall, bottom arms are considered a yearly consumable on those!
imho, the sportage offers the best all round driving experience of the range, topped of with the fantastic kia reliability as standard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts