Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Newbie here - been lurking for a few weeks and my new CRDi3 Sat Nav arrived on Friday.

Still learning but first impressions are good, although a couple of questions which the learned here may be able to help with:-

Firstly I can see 'Passeneger Airbag' on the central display. It doesnt say off or on but just remains constant.

Secondly when I checked the tax band beforei bought it it was in band 'E' - £110.00 per year.When the vehicle arrived I notice the tax disc says band F - £125.00 per year. The Kia website shows all the 1.7 diesel models as being in band E except thesat-nav version.

Is this a mistake or is there a reason for it?

Thanks for your help

Lloyd.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Don't know about the first question but for the second, I understood that, because the "3" has 18" wheels,that nudges it into the higher band. The marketinghas beenslightly ambiguous (not least the first attempt at the technical specification on the website) but literature since and a dealer I spoke to clarify this. The website does indeed show the sat nav only as an F sosomething's wrong somewhere. Have they managed to get the "3" non-sat nav to lower its emissions? Looking at the website again,both the 1.7 3s have the same emissions but different Tax bands so that part of the website is a bit if a mess.

I put down a depositfor the same model on Friday. Maybe by delivery date the emissions will have reduced to an E.

Maybe I need to change my Login name.
Edited by: MaybeKIA

·
Registered
197 Posts
Regarding the airbag caption I had a similar experience with a Venga recently. I think that it is supposed to tell you that it is on....try turning it off to see what happens - there should be an ignition key slot with green & red writing somewhere that allows you to do this (either in the glove box or on the dash side visibile when a front door is opened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts