Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sedona is 2001, Petrol 2.5 V6. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I am having a real problem. I bought her privately 4 months ago,and she is inreally good shape, so I want to keep her very much. I've had a few teething problems,but this is the main one. I put her into a local garage, and he changed the radiator for me. As soon as I collected it, I noticed that once she had reached normal temperature for around 10 mins; she would lose her power and cough quite a bit. The power loss is so bad, that a hill at speed is impossible. Acceleration is none existent and the pedal feels like it is not doing anything at times - until the power returns briefly.

In driving her around, occasionally she will delight me with a sudden jolt of power and away we go, but only for about 10 seconds. My feeling is that this is an electrical problem, as the garage cannot have done too much else when changing the rad. However, before it went in for the rad, the air-con was not working, but the light would come one when you press the button - now, thatwon't come on at all!

The garage I used is a small business. The owner is a kindlyolder man, a good chap butis dealing with other problems at this time I think! He has had the car back 3 times but just returns it to me with the problem still there. I don't know what he expects me to do, but I think he is stuck.

So I need to find a person who is good with Kia electrics (perhaps) in the Thanet or <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Canterbury</st1:City> areas of <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kent</st1:place></st1:country-region>. I can't afford a main dealer.I would appreciateany ideas. Many thanks, Ken.

·
Registered
662 Posts
sounds like an air lock in the cooling system causeing the car to drop into limp home mode when it gets hot make sure you are able to get hot air from the rear heater and that all pipes are hot

·
Registered
190 Posts
I use NC services at Molash, also a branch at Canterbury. They usually sort out my Sedona problems and at only £40 hour a lot cheaper than most. Maybe worth a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts